chapter four

❝ obi-wan, don't make me ask you again, where is qui-gon? ❞

where is qui-gon? ❞

CARINA WALKED ALONGSIDE Anakin and Padme, who were riding upon one of the Eopies, pulling an engine. Shmi and the little boy, Kister were beside them on the other Eopie.

Carina glanced down to see R2-D2 walking by her side. The young padawan watched Watto fly by them before muttering, "Better stop your friends betting or I'll end up owning him too."

Carina furrowed her brows in confusion as Anakin curiously looked over at Qui-Gon, who was approaching them, "What'd he mean by that?"

"I'll tell you later." the Jedi Master told the young boy before going to help Shmi off her Eopie. Kister glanced over at Anakin whilst Carina helped Padme slid off the creature.

"This is so wizard Ani! I'm sure you'll do it this time."

The young padawan learner knitted her brows together, "Do what?"

"Finish the race of course."

Padme eyes visibly widened before gazing over at the Skywalker boy, "You've never won a race?"

Anakin nervously scratched the back of his neck, "Well, not exactly." The handmaiden pursed her lips, "Not even finished?"

Carina watched Anakin look over at her before speaking, "Kitster's right, I will this time."

"Of course you will."

Carina glanced up to see her mentor smiling at Anakin whilst Padme furrowed her brows in concern.

Carina watched Anakin slip into his pod from above on the viewing platform as Qui-Gon made his way over to them.

The padawan clasped her hands together anxiously as Shmi spoke to the Jedi Master, "Is he nervous?"

"He's fine." the male reassured the mother as Padme gazed intently at him, "You Jedi are far too reckless. The Queen is not—"

"The Queen trusts my judgment, young handmaiden. You should too." Qui-Gon cut the fourteen year old girl off who huffed a response, "You assume too much."

"Start your engines!" The announcer shouted to which a rumble of engines erupted through the arena. Aliens, that had been carrying large flags, moved off the track.

Jar Jar winced before covering his own eyes, "Oh, dissen ganna be messy. Mesa no watchen."

On a bridge over the track, a great green light at the center flashes. The Podracers shoot forward with a high-pitches scream.

Carina pursed her lips in worry as she watched Anakin's engine flood then sputter. Podracer's swerved around him and disappeared down the track. The girl felt concern course through her seeing the young boy struggle to get his engine back up.