chapter thirty-eight

❝ do you trust me? ❞

OBI-WAN HELD HIS HANDS CLASPED together as the speeder they were on treaded through the crowded streets of Mos Eisley.

The streets were crowded with pedestrians walking, the sun beaming in the sky, the sand shining because of it.

The Jedi held an unbothered expression as several stormtroopers stopped the vehicle on the street.

A trooper glanced over at R2 and 3PO that were in the back, "How long have you had these droids?" Luke attempted to hold a composed expression as he calmly responded, "About three or four seasons."

Obi-Wan blinked at the soldiers, "They're for sale if you want them."

"Let me see your identification."

Luke glanced back at Kenobi who slightly waved his hand, "You don't need to see his identification." The stormtrooper stood still for a moment before speaking, "We don't need to see his identification."

"These are not the droids your looking for."

The soldier nodded, "These are not the droids we're looking for." Obi-Wan gave the a troopers a look as young Skywalker witnessed it all, "He can go about his business."

"You can go about your business." the trooper began to walk away as Obi-Wan spoke to Luke, "Move along."

"Move along." the stormtrooper began to wave them away before Luke blinked in confusion but took the opportunity to speed away. The teenage boy began to steer them towards the blockhouse cantina that laid on the outskirts of the spaceport.

Obi-Wan watched the boy park the speeder when an intrigued Jawa eyed the vehicle. 3PO watched the creature before huffing, "I can't abide these Jawas. Disgusting creatures."

Luke got out of his speeder before shooing the Jawa away, "Go on." The creature grunted before turning away as the blonde boy glanced back at Obi-Wan who had exited the ship before meeting Luke's questioning eyes, "I can't understand how we got by those troopers. I thought we were dead."

Kenobi adjusted his robes before answering the teen, "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded. You will find it a powerful ally."

Luke merely nodded in understanding before shifting his attention over to the cantina, "Do you really think we're going to find a pilot here that'll take us to Alderaan?"

Obi-Wan began to make his way towards the building as he spoke, "Well, most of the best freighter pilots can be found here. Only watch your step. This place can be a little rough."

Luke fixed his utility belt before following after the old man, "I'm ready for anything."

"Come along, R2."