chapter fifteen

❝ love and hate are two sides of thesame coin ❞

same coin ❞

CARINA STIRRED IN HER slumber, eyes twitching slightly as distorted voices began to hum in her mind. Words slurring as she began to breathe heavily, "The prophecy."

The Jedi Knight turned on her side, tightening her grip on her blanket as she attempted to ignore the chanting voices. "Carina, you can't save him."

"Lord Vader."

Carina let out a jagged gasp as she shot up from her laying down position to sit upright, her chest heaving up and down as she kept drawing in quick breaths. The brunette ran her hands through her wavy chestnut hair, scratching her scalp as she closed her eyes.

Why she kept hearing unfamiliar voices ushering on in her mind was something she didn't understand, every time she shut her eyes she would always hear them. The same few sentences being uttered every single time, all having something to do with the name Vader.

The Jedi let out a groan just as her bedroom door creaked open, her eyes shot up in search for the intruder but her shoulders slumped upon seeing Anakin.

"What are you doing here?"

Anakin carefully shut the door behind him before making his way towards the brunette as concern laced his expression, "Is everything okay?"

Carina tilted her head in confusion, "What?" Anakin took a seat on the edge of bed across from the Jedi as he spoke, "I could feel something was wrong, I wanted to check up on you."

Carina pursed her lips, mustering up a half smile, "I'm okay." The young Skywalker narrowed his eyes, "At least don't lie to me."

The Jedi Knight let out a heavy sigh as she rubbed her eyes, "It's just that— I don't even know myself. Every night I go through the same nightmare." Anakin's eyes intensely watched her as he felt worried for the young girl.

Carina gave him a shrug before muttering out, "It's nothing really."

"Carina, you're talking to someone who spent months living and breathing nightmares, you don't have to hide anything."

The girl began to chew on her lower lip, "It's just... confusing. My heads a whole jumbled mess and I don't understand any of it and it's so incredibly frustrating."

A frown tugged on Anakin's lips, he despised seeing the girl look so distressed, he knew there was absolutely nothing he could to to help which made the situation all the more infuriating.

Carina clasped her hands together, "Just something I have to deal with." Anakin fell silent as he thought of a way to provide comfort for her, his brows were knitted together with his lips tightly pursed before he looked up into Carina's questioning eyes, "Would company help?"