chapter nineteen

❝ i don't think i was ever meant toamount to anything

amount to anything. ❞

CARINA GAVE THE NURSE A smile as she finished up wrapping her wound in a bandage, "Thank you." The woman bowed her head slightly in respect, "Of course, General Algora. Try not to put too much pressure on your arm while it heals."

Carina nodded her head in understanding, "Will do." The nurse collected her items before excusing herself from the room. The Jedi Knight's posture slouched ever so slightly as she let out a sigh, pursing her lips as she gazed at the wall.

The brunette straightened up once again as the door creaked open, revealing Anakin who careful stepped into the room, shutting the door behind him. Carina visibly relaxed as she smiled at the blonde who leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest as the girl stood from her seat.

"All better?"

Carina gave her lover a look, "A small wound isn't going to permanently immobilize me, Ani."

Anakin merely shrugged, "I'd rather not take any chances." the male pushed himself off of the wall as he slowly began to approach the brunette, slipping his arms around her waist as he gazed into her auburn eyes, "I've missed you."

Carina placed her hands flat on his chest as she smiled, "We've been in each other's line of sight basically the entire time."

Anakin shook his head as his grip on her tightened, "But not like this. I've barely been able to hold you close, I thought I would go insane because of it."

Carina playfully scrunched up her nose as she slightly tilted her head, "I doubt you would lose your mind just because of me."

"You'd be surprised."

Anakin leaned his head down, softly pressing his forehead upon hers as he reached one of his gloved hands to cup the side of her face, "This mission is going to be a nightmare."

Carina softly chuckled, "It definitely will be if you go into it with that mindset."

Anakin let out a heavy sigh as he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, "I just want to spend time with you."

Carina leaned up to press a quick peck on the blondes lips, "Soon."

Anakin closed the gap between their lips as his grip on her waist tightened, his hand running through her chestnut locks.

Carina closed her eyes as moved her lips on his, reaching a hand up to rest on the nape of his neck.

Anakin pulled their bodies closer together as if it was even possible, needing to feel her. Her touch, as always, was able to bring him a comfort he never found anywhere else.

Carina ran her fingers through his blonde hair that was now growing.

Anakin's moments came to a halt as his comlink began to beep. The blonde pulled back with irritation visible in his eyes, severely reluctant to let go of his wife who gave him a comforting smile.