chapter twenty-nine

❝ what are you doing here, obi-wan? ❞

"VENA."

The brunette's head suddenly snapped up, gazing back at the elderly woman whom was calling out for her. Carina finished picking the last of the fruit before picking up the crate, heading towards the woman, "Here you are, Micha."

The lady smiled gratefully at her as she took the basket, "Thank you, my dear girl."

Carina slightly smiled, "My pleasure."

The Algora girl watched the woman retreat back into her house. Carina smoothed down her wool pants before turning on her heel to tread further into the forest, feeling the humidity even more as it had rained the night before.

The brunette stepped over a large root before ducking under a few bushes, she had gotten into her daily routine. She would wake up, prepare something for herself before heading out to help the neighboring people with their chores. Carina did what she could to aid others, feeling as if it was the only purpose she had left in her life.

Carina was making her way to her own little hut to continue with her day. The brunette pulled her hair up into a loose low bun as she arrived at the only home she had now. Carina stepped into the hut before setting her gaze on the bamboo pole she had, taking ahold of the stick she walked back out into the small area near her house, spinning the pole in her grasp just as she used to with her saber.

Carina slashed the stick through the empty space before her as she practiced her old fighting form. Chest heaving as she moved swiftly on her feet, turning and spinning her body.

The brunette suddenly hit her pole against another rooted bamboo, her heavy pants echoing around her as she stared ahead. Carina blinked and for the smallest moment, she saw a glimpse of a blue saber clashing against her golden lit one.

Anakin's eyes suddenly burned into her, Carina choked on a gasp before she stumbled backwards. Breathing heavily, blinking quickly as she gazed at the bamboo stick that only mere moments ago, appeared as a saber.

Carina placed her finger tips to her temple, glimpses from the fight on Mustafar that happened so many years ago continued to plague her mind. The brunette shook her head, she had to forget about him. He was gone.

Carina turned to head back into her house, setting her pole against the wall before she headed to the small fire she had to heat up her lunch, stirring the chunky soup as it boiled in its pan.

The Algora girl picked up a metal spoon, beginning to eat her meal as she took a seat on a small wooden chair. She blew a little, seeing steam rise from the liquid before eating. Carina finished her plate, standing as she placed the dirty dish in a bowl where she washed her dishes before walking across the room, halting in her steps as she gazed down at her storage trunk.