Men in Oblivion

Jungkook's POV

_____

Just as the door shut, I faced her gloom-filled orbs again.

"You good?" I asked her as she held onto my waist.

"Yeah, I just wish you wouldn't be so mean to Dabin. You barely said anything to him just now."

To that, all I have to say is well...not much. Nothing was said because I didn't really know what to say to him. Was I supposed to say "Thanks for taking my girlfriend home even though I know you like her, and it's completely obvious even though she acts oblivious to it, and I'm on to you no matter what...but thanks for taking over this one and only time because you won't have much to do with her outside of music."

Too much?

Look, I do feel slightly guilty about that; but then again, I did a lot more this time around. Like, letting him keep her company for a while, despite me questioning his true intentions with MY Nia.

I pulled her closer in my embrace.

"Baby, what about what I did do this time though? I honestly thought you would be proud of me." I pouted.

Nia tsked. "I am. Don't think I didn't notice, okay? All I ask is for you to warm up to him a little more."

That would certainly be a challenge but examining how serious she was by her sharp eye contact, I complied.

"I'll try."

Afterwards, she suggested we go chill in our bedroom like usual. I followed up that statement by agreeing, thus, refreshing her about how I'd have to go back to the company tonight.

We settled on the freshly-washed comforter, cuddling and talking (with Jewels of course!)

Sequentially, she expressed how her day went to me. And in short, it was heartbreaking.

As a K-pop star, I can understand having a busy schedule back-to-back like that, but the fact that it all contained pure chaos is just petrifying.

Not knowing what could happen to her, tomorrow is an even scarier thought.

And I'd hate to be the reason for Nia's suffering.

I mean, let's be real. All this commotion is over my name being in the mix with her career that is still fresh. Such a simple-minded controversy this is, but we have two options: either we keep going and prove how strong our love is or we conform to society and break it off.

Seeing that the last time I was here, with Nia sobbing in my arms, it's really getting to her and I can tell.

During my practices, I've been dancing to some of the songs that we've nearly completed the choreo to on auto pilot. I'd be watching my figure moving in the mirror, but the only thing on my mind was her. And how she's been crying harder than ever, being overly anxious on the phone, asking me what else the public has been saying, and the restless appearance she's been wearing.

Nia loves me so hard, yet she tends to her own heart much less.

Sure, she'll treat herself to lunch and richly coat her face in makeup.
Even so, if she really loved herself as hard, she would've left me a long time ago.

No, this does not mean that she doesn't love herself. But her respect for her feelings are her last priority in relationships.

So, without a doubt, I know she's been holding back on letting her true feelings out, especially with this situation.

It's okay though. I'll love her to no end and show her how much she matters to me. That way, this situation will blow over and she'll have no care about the haters.