Soulmates, Till Death Do Us Part

Nia's POV

____

I did the whole first date routine

I did the whole first date routine. Y'know, showering with the sweetest body wash you have, eliminating every (body) hair follicle, laying your hair to the ends of the Earth, and slaying your face with makeup. Well, this technically is the second...or third date, actually.

Anyway, Dabin and I would be going out again tonight. We agreed to do something exciting and that's when skating came to our brains.

Breathing a sigh of relief at his text about making another stop, I debated on an outfit to wear. I needed to wear something that was fun but safe while skating. Dresses and skirts are out of the question!

 Dresses and skirts are out of the question!

I opted for something cute and simple.

Once I finished every possible task to get ready, I sat on my bed, daydreaming about all the things we'd do tonight.

It was gonna be so much fun.

With his cute, tiny legs, Jewels waddled toward my bed. At his arrival, I picked up his body and hugged him.

"Jewels, be a good boy while I'm gone just like the other night! You did so well~" I praised.

His ears angled themselves while his tongue stuck out, signaling that he was smiling.

It was the most adorable thing ever.

I refilled his bowls of food and water, and as an extra sign of love and care, I gave him a doggy toy for him to play with.

That's when Dabin started calling.

Happily, I retrieved my phone from my pocket and answered. "Hello?"

"Hey~ I'm outside."

"Okay, I'm coming."

As we hung up, I tried to contain my emotions with a mini pep talk.

You can do this.

Don't be nervous.

Don't worry about anyone else.