What You Don't Want To Hear

Jungkook's POV

______

Everything was packed up and we were now boarding the plane. The tour was expected to start two days after our 12-hour full run-throughs of the concert.

At times like this, my blood is pumping and I'm super excited to see my fans but, sadly, they're the last thing on my mind right now.

She's taking up a great deal of my mind and It's only making my day more difficult.

I keep telling myself that I did it for a good reason—I took much into consideration before making that decision.

Nonetheless, I feel so regretfully melancholic.

Not even caring one bit to put up with my members' madness, I shifted in my lounge seat facing the airplane window.

I traced each strand of grass outside with my eyes. Following this, our memories replayed over like a broken record.

"Kook-ah!"

My shoulders rose abruptly as I got jump-scared.

"What Hyung?!"

"Namjoon Hyung has been calling you for the longest." Tae reported.

Fixing my slouch, I stood up slightly and faced Joon.

"Yes?" I asked a bit ruder than intended.

"Here's the extra bag that you wanted me to hold." He re-announced, slightly irked now.

"Oh, thanks..." He handed me the bag and I placed it in the storage compartment above my head.

Once I adjusted myself back in the chair with the accompaniment of a blanket, I reached for the book on my thigh titled: "The Color of Money". It talks of the ridiculously large gap between the income of whites and blacks and how people ignore the differences in commerce and segregation which have played a silent role in the wealth gap.

"For Jobs and Freedom" is another book I ordered which explains the complex progress of black workers to gain employment rights in the workplace. I feel like this book is an even greater reference for me because it'll reveal the gap between me and Nia's lives at work.

Reading all of these made me realize just how real and normalized her struggle is. The way that they are treating me versus the way they're treating her is clearly different.

As I flipped to the next page, I felt someone peeking over my shoulder. It was Hobi Hyung.

Deciding to ignore him as I was still moody, he sympathetically retrieved his seat and pulled his headphones on top of his head.

He's aware of my mental state and current position so that's all he can do—stay silent. I'm very grateful for him. I know he gets it...being in love, I mean.

All the members are clueless so to them, it seems that I'm just having a bad day.
Who knows when I'll be able to speak to any of them about this. It hurts to even think about now.

Naturally, expressing aggravation certainly wasn't on my to-do list for today, but I can't help it!

I'm grieving the lost of my love—at least, comparatively, it feels that way.

Nia is seriously like no other girl I've met. No one is as smart, adventurous, and kind.

And honestly, I don't think anyone will be as committed to me either. Someone may want me just because of my name, status, and money. Yes, Nia was an ARMY from the jump but she never struck me as that. She viewed me contrastingly.