New & Old Love

Hye-Rin's POV

_______

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed—is, I guess, what you could call my expression after the kiss. His lips are so smooth and his touch, so gentle. Jungkook never used to kiss me like that. Maybe at first...but never again.

Not like I care though. Jeon Jung-Wook is all mine and I can already tell that this is the start of something magical.

When I think of all of his finest qualities, what I appreciate most of all is probably his commitment. He's very loyal and it's easy for him to sympathize with others. With this, he sees through the facades people play, and instead of judging them, he learns them. I believe this is how he grew to love me.

And there's nothing more heartwarming to ponder about. Not to mention, he's hot!

I think my late obsession overpowered my senses earlier on. Because it is undeniable how fine he really is. From his sexy mullet to his soft, clean-cut fashion style; everything about him is amazing. However, I'm still surprised he likes me.

I'm trying to build up my confidence, little by little, as I'm still ashamed of my past ways.

Nevertheless, here I am sitting in his arms as we're watching TV together in the living room. Nothing, in particular, was being watched. The channel aired a late-night variety with the guest appearance of up-and-coming actors/actresses.

With my recent decision, this could be me soon. I just gotta keep working hard and improving myself to make my way to the top.

At once, the sound of delicate snores filled my ears. It was Jung-Wook in his cute, sleepy state. Did he really fall asleep already?

I smiled a bit, never seeing him like this before.

As more time passed, I checked my phone for the latest news and watched dumb videos. Then all of a sudden, a text plopped down with my mother's name, Seolhee.

It said, 'Call me, please.'

Unsure of how to go about this, I just ignored it. Whatever it is, I'm sure Seohyun has it handled and I don't have to say a word to her.

I'm still attempting to forgive my mother which I haven't done yet. Talking to her may delay my progress.. holding myself back from lashing out at people is a difficult task.

~20 mins passed~

She sent another text saying, 'Please, I have something important to say.'

What the hell does she want. I ascended from Wook's lap, exiting to finally take this dreaded phone call.

I made my way to the patio, preparing myself.

I dialed her again and waited till the voice I hated hearing the most spoke like nothing between us had ever gone wrong.

"Hey, darling! Your aunt had told me about the contract you had just signed. And I'm so, so proud of you. I knew from the very first school play you acted in, that you had an unimaginable talent for acting. I absolutely cannot wait to see what else you do."

What the hell...

How could she even muster the words to say such a thing? This is clearly an act.

My side of the line fell eerily quiet with disgust and frustration.

"Rin, dear. Are you there-"

"Yes, I'm here. Thanks. But I don't want you to talk to me ever again." And I hung the phone up with a quickness.

I know it's unethical here to talk down to your parents but I really don't care when it comes to her. Because when I think about the grand scheme of events where she's done way worse things than talking down to me, It seems pretty understandable.