Chapter 2: I like Puppy

Lily's POV 🌺

Ha-Kun and I dug into Ari's portfolio and discussed the position at length. Out of the twenty people I interviewed for the position, Ari is the only person that didn't come off as a fangirl trying to get close to the clientele. In fact, I can feel it in my gut, she's the right person for the position.

The one thing about Ha-Kun is he has trusted my gut from the onset of this adventure in business together, he has known me since I was nine years old, and he understands me better than most people. So when I told him that my instincts were telling me we should hire on Ari, it didn't take much to get him on board.

We dive into the numbers, and after much research and business planning, we settle on a decent salary that we can offer Ari, and I am pleased. Ha-Kun knows how important it is to me to ensure that we take care of anyone who becomes part of our little family at the studio. Things are super expensive here in Seoul, and I don't want the people I trust to help me run my business to feel like they aren't valued and appreciated. Nobody that works for me should be wondering where their next meal is coming from.

After making our final decisions, I give Ari a quick call, "Hello, Ari, it's Lily Tremblay calling. Do you have a moment?"

"Lily, wow, I wasn't expecting your call so soon! Is everything okay? Are there additional questions you have? I'd be happy to answer!" Ari's voice is full of concern and eagerness.

"No, actually, we've had time to talk about the position thoroughly, and I wanted to extend you an offer immediately!" There is a silence on the other end of the receiver as I rattle off the salary details and reiterate the job skills we want her to utilize while working with us. "Ari, are you still there?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just in shock," she stuttered.

"So what do you say? Do you want to come to work for us here at Rogue Records?" I ask, uncertain if she's changed her mind. The silence on the other end of the phone is deafening. "Ari? Are you still there?"

"I'm sorry! Yes, I'd be honored. I'm so happy right now!" Ari's voice is laced with surprise and excitement, and I couldn't be more thrilled that she has decided to join us.

There is a bit of a pause and then I hear her half-whisper, "Is that really the salary?"

"Yes," I stumble for a moment confused. "That's all I can offer at this time..."

"Oh, no, no, you just made my whole life!" Ari's voice is shaky but I realize she's not disappointed. She's excited! In fact, I think she might be crying happy tears on the other side of the receiver. I can't imagine how hard it has been to make ends meet on a bargain department store salary, and what I'm offering will be enough for her to comfortably pay her bills, eat well, and have some left over to enjoy life for a change. It reaffirms for me that Ha-Kun and I are staying true to our commitment to take care of our employees, and that makes me feel even better about my decisions.

"Well, alright! I'll email you the consent forms for the background check, and once you are cleared, you can come in to sign your non-disclosure agreement, and then we will start rocking and rolling!"

"Thank you so much! I'll get that form right back to you!"

"Fantastic! Have a great night, oh, and Ari?"

"Yes?" She questioned.

"Welcome to the family!" I extended warmly. Ari thanked me, and we hung up. My instincts told me Ari was a good fit. I could feel it in my bones.

💜

"Babe, it's me!" I yell into the intercom, and a gate slowly slides open. It is so nice that Yoongi has a home on the outskirts of the city in a gated community. The additional gate at his individual property feels like an extra layer of security that helps keep prying eyes out of our business. We can just be ourselves when we are here, and it feels like an oasis.