Chp. 30: You're so Lovely! I'm so Lovely! We're So Lovely!

Namjoon POV 🪴

I know it's crazy late after a big night to be bringing Ari to my apartment, but we've been so busy, and I've been dying to spend time with her. She has no idea how beautiful she looks in a black cocktail dress and heels, her hair flowing over her shoulders like a sea of black silk.

Her face doesn't need a stitch of makeup, but she looks lovely, all made up with a simple silver necklace decorating that gorgeous neck. I want to take her in my arms, but I don't want her to think I asked her here for the wrong reasons. I really did just want to be with her and felt like I should start easing her into my world to see if we are truly compatible.

We have barely made it through the threshold, and she is already admiring a painting on the wall; I love that she immediately appreciates some of the pieces I have. I'm pretty proud of my collection, and I hope my wealth isn't a turn-off. It's funny how some people try and scam me to get closer to my wealth while others look down on me for all I possess -forgetting how hard I've worked to get here. You really don't know a person until you see how they respond to it all.

"Look at the way the angles play off each other, and the deep colors. This is a very nice piece. You have such good taste," she turns away from the painting and, without warning, wraps herself around me, giving me a tight hug, and I love feeling her burying her head against my chest.

My heart starts pounding, and somehow being in this woman's arms feels more like home to me than my actual dwelling, and I take a long breath as I hold her close.

We toe off our shoes, and I lead her to my dining room just as the chef finishes setting a delicious meal for both of us. "Everything is set, Namjoon. I'll see myself out. Have a wonderful night!"

"You have a cook?" Ari asks curiously but actually seems more interested in eyeing my dining room.

I can see her creative eyes appreciating the grain on the wood floors and then drag over to the blue buffet piece I had custom-made to run the length of the wall. The corner of my mouth turns up, knowing she loves the color blue and that she is currently falling in love with this room.

She finally comes up next to me and runs her hand over the quality wood that makes up my dining room table. Her fingers explore a natural divet that runs through the center of the table. The woodworker who made this custom piece kept the wood natural, leaving the imperfections, and treated it to enhance the natural wood grain. It took me forever to pick this table out with my designer, and I love that Ari appreciates it. She seems to notice all the little details, which is such a turn-on.

"I'm not much of a chef, so I have someone I rely on for certain events. Tonight felt special; I wanted us to have a nice meal after such a long day..." I meet her eyes, and she gazes up at me with appreciation.

Over dinner, we chat about the events of the evening, and Ari tells me about everything that transpired between Sung-Ho, Lily, and Ha-Kun backstage. 

"That is wild that Sung-Ho is reacting like this. He's always seemed so reasonable over the years. It's disappointing to know that he's so angry with Lily and I'm shocked about the hate speech he delivered!" I am truly shocked to hear all this happened while I was busy changing after our set. "When Yoongi finds out about this, he is going to be so pissed off."

"I'm guessing the work we are doing over at Rogue must have really hit Sung-Ho in the wallet to have him treat Lily with such malice. He was a bit frightening. I hope we don't run into him again!" Ari explains. I hate seeing the worry on her face, and I wish I could take it all away for her.

"Check out this alert I just got on my phone from Lily's Instagram account." Ari shows me her phone, and when we look, we find Lily posted a snippet of her playing an acoustic guitar and singing the chorus from Ani Difranco's song, Napoleon. "Oh, man, she is really pissed off at Sung-Ho."