Chapter 4: Make Some Noise!

Ari's POV 🌸

Lily contacted me to let me know that I have cleared the background check and that I could start Monday. When I asked her what the dress code was, she said, "Clothes." I laughed; I've never met anyone like her!

So here I am, ready to shit my pants, trying to trust my own judgment about what to wear. I finally decided to go a bit conservative. I dress in a pair of comfortable black slacks and a peacock blue blouse. It's not too dressy, but also not too casual. I know Lily was dressed beyond casual when I interviewed with her, but it doesn't feel like I should follow suit; until I truly understand the lay of the land at Rogue Records. I smooth my long black hair down and leave for the train station.

It's now or never. My new life starts now. Here I come, Rogue Records.

💜

I'm greeted at the door by Lily, who is wearing black jeans and a baggy hoodie that looks like she slept in it.

Welp, I guess Lily is causal every day!

Her hair is in a high ponytail on top of her head, and she is vibrating with the signs of a woman who has already consumed quite a bit of caffeine; yet here she is, still clutching a large cup with a tea bag hanging out of it. Looking at her, I feel entirely overdressed, but I tell myself to relax; it was better to look business-casual than assume.

"Ari! Welcome!"

"Thank you!" I'm trying to sound confident. Although I'm secure in my abilities, I can't help but have first-day jitters.

"Now, this will be your desk until we are in a position where we can hire someone to take over the front desk solely. Until then, you'll be right up here, as we discussed during your interview. Are you still okay with that?"

"Yes, not a problem!"

"Great, you rock! Come on down to the conference room so I can have you sign the scary NDA," she chuckles.

Lily leads me back down the familiar hallway that I recognize my last time here, but she pauses near an open door and knocks on the door jamb. "Ha-Kun, Ari is here; we'll meet you in the conference room."

"See you in a minute!" a friendly voice calls back.

We settle down at the conference table, and Ha-Kun comes in. I feel more at ease with my outfit when I see that he is wearing gray fitted slacks and a white button-down dress shirt. He has perfectly styled dark hair and a sweet face; I can tell he takes great care in his appearance. It looks as if he may have on make-up; cosmetics for men are not uncommon here, and his looks perfect. Just enough to make his face appear flawless. He smiles at me warmly and extends his hand. "It's so nice to meet you finally!"

"You as well," I smile as we take seats.

He slides a folder full of paperwork across the table to me, "So here is all the information about benefits, your salary agreement, and the NDA. Now, we are not opposed to you leaving right after this meeting and conferring with an expert about the NDA before you commit to it."

I stare at them with my mouth open. 

They are still offering me a means to back out of my decision to work here.

"Yes, we don't mind if you need legal representation to help you understand the NDA. I need you to be sure you understand that we will treat you, and respect you like family here at Rogue, but if you do anything that breaks that NDA, you will see a side of me that is unrelenting. I don't show mercy for anyone who hurts the people I love. I very much need you to understand that." Lily's words don't come out as harsh; it's just a matter of fact -almost gentle, like she's trying to make sure I protect myself from harm. What she doesn't know is I found the clips of her verbally eviscerating an American DJ over some K-Pop group, so I've seen her defend her friends before. I fully understand what she is telling me.