Chapter 52: Party, Party, Yeah!

Ari's POV 🌸

Saturday came, and Jae and Hana arrive at my apartment to help me get ready for my date. I love how close I have become to them over time. They are fabulous supportive friends.

"You know how you told Jin and me about your nightmares?" Hana asks as I nod my confirmation. 

We've made a habit of getting together for lunch often, and we discuss business and share what is going on in our lives. Sometimes JK and Jae join. It's been a great bonding experience for us. "Well, Jin wanted you to have this..." she reaches into a large bag she is carrying and takes out a stuffed RJ doll.

"Oh...my...God!" I start belly laughing. "He..did...not..."

"Oh yes, he did," Hana chuckles. "That's my Jin. He said feel free to share pictures of RJ on your Instagram as well," she says with a smirk and a laugh.

"Always the salesman!" Jae cackles as she digs through my tiny closet, trying to piece an outfit together for me.

I laugh, "Please tell Jin I appreciate his gift very much, and I know RJ will take excellent care of me as well." I give RJ a fluffy hug and then sit him on my pile of pillows. "It's nice to know I'll have someone waiting for me when I get home!"

We joke and laugh, and they help doll me up until I'm left standing in a flirty dress and heels. Hana takes a picture of me posing with RJ, and I post it to my Instagram to make Jin happy with a caption that reads, "RJ is the best friend!"

"So, are you ready?" Jae asks, "You look hot!"

"You look beautiful.." Hana adds with a soft smile, and I laugh at their opposite reactions that are so telling about their unique personalities.

"As ready as I'm ever going to be. Honestly, I'd rather be curled up with Joon, but I need to get over him," I admit as I smooth my hair down with the palm of my hand. "I'm not even going to watch his interview this evening."

Namjoon has an exclusive interview with a popular talk show host this evening. I used to watch all his interviews and routinely check all his content to see what he was up to so I could feel like he was part of my life still. As if he was just making some changes and then come back to me, but days turn into weeks, and then weeks turned into months, and now I've given up.

My phone chimes, "Oh, that's my ride!"

"We'll lock up; go get your ride," Hana assures me while I grab my purse.

"I love you, ladies; thank you for everything!" I call out as I run out the door.

💜

Namjoon's POV 🪴

"Thanks for calling, Hana. Jimin just reached out to me as well. I appreciate you telling me," I reply, taking in all the information she is telling me. "Thanks for wishing me good luck with my interview as well. It's nice to know you folks are out there watching. Have a great night!"

I hang up the phone and look at myself in the mirror in my dressing room. I hate having to do this interview this evening now that I know Ari is out on a date. I've been working so hard on my own journey and trying to be respectful of her growth, too, that the time has slipped away quickly, and now Hana and Jimin are telling me that Ari has given up. I sigh as I look in the mirror; my timing is terrible sometimes.

"Ten minutes to show time, Namjoon," my assistant calls, and I stand up and follow him to the side of the stage.

Here goes nothing.

The interview has been going well. We've talked about all the expected subjects, such as my album and Lily's attack, but I know what questions are coming up soon, and I brace myself as I await the prompt.