Chp. 36: Bultaoreune!

Lily's POV 🌺

Hyeon and Nabi have been helping in the studio as I record my album. To be honest, I had been working on a number of the songs on my own long before Joon asked me to work on his album, so now it won't be long before I'm finished.

The fun part of being an independent artist is you answer to no one, and I can create the art that I want and promote it however I want. Conversely, it means a big label doesn't push my music and I don't get the worldwide coverage that my friends do, but I don't care. It's not what I'm after; I just need to be who I am in the world and direct my own journey.

It also means I can cover whatever genre I want, and I did on this album. It's bluesy; I feel the music in my soul. I was able to hire some of my favorite musician friends to come in and play on it, and we are recording some live sessions for the "B" side of the album today, which I'm so excited to share with my little fan base. As much as I have debilitating stage freight, I know I sound better live than I do recorded, and it's something I've had to come to terms with over the years.

"One, two, a one, two, three, four..." I cry into the mic, and we run through one of my more bluesy rock songs.

I peer out through the glass and see Jimin and Ari sitting on the couch in the back of the room, seemingly pleased with what they are hearing, and I love that these two have been becoming friends. Ari is such a sweetheart; I am glad she isn't alone anymore and has become part of our little family.

We record for a few hours, and Yoongi comes by in the evening to see how it is going. I smile and throw a little wave at him as we get set to do our last run-through of the day. When I see Yoongi look at me with pride, it reaffirms for the millionth time that he is all I'll ever need. If this album fails or flies, it doesn't matter at the end of the day because I know he has my back no matter what I do musically or otherwise.

I thank everyone before they leave for the day, and then it is just Yoongi and I left in my studio.

"Darling, this is so good," Yoongi says matter of factly as he listens to some of the recordings from the day. "What I wouldn't do to see you go on tour with this band!"

"Well, just be glad you caught a glimpse today," I smile, wrapping my arms around his waist and tucking my chin on his shoulder as he listens.

"Oh, I am, my love," he squeezes my arms keeping me tucked into him, and it makes me think about how good it feels to be with this man.

"Are you ready for Joon's release? Shit is about to hit the fan," he asks quietly.

"I am. Thank you for being okay with all of this," I whisper while trying to quell my nerves. "You gave me the space and opportunity to fix Joon and me, and in the meantime, he found his little sweetheart. It feels like destiny had a part in all of this."

"Agreed; we did what we were supposed to do and now come what may," he nods, but I detect a slight worry in his voice that I can tell he's trying to hide.

"We've sailed through worse storms than this, Yoongi," I remind him. "You and I are solid. Nothing the public says about Joon and I working on this project together is going to hurt us. My love for you is too strong."

He turns and wraps his arms around me, pulling me in until our lips meet. I sigh, feeling him pressed up against me; kissing Yoongi feels like the first time..every...single..time. I melt as we explore each other, and I wrap my hands around his neck. His hair is so long now, I tangle my hands gently in his hair as he eliminates the space between us.

"You are mine," he breathes out.

"Always," I murmur.

Batten down the hatches.