Chp 12: We're Gonna Focus On...

Ari's POV 🌸

I swipe my key card at the door gaining access to the building. I'm the first one to arrive, I came in early on purpose today, so I could have some quiet time to go through pictures and work on some design work. I go to the kitchenette and start a large pot of coffee so that it is ready when everyone arrives and then make my way back to the front.

Launching my favorite streaming service, I click on my daily suggested playlist and open it. I love to work while listening to music, and I notice the first song says it's by BTS. I scoff.

My phone is totally spying on me! Now it's suggesting their songs....uh, huh...

I can't help but giggle at the coincidence, and I decide to check it out. I open it up, and it is a song called Cypher Pt 3. I hit play, the beat kicks in, and I can already feel my pulse quicken, and when I recognize Namjoon's voice, I hit pause. I can't take it. It's too good.

I rub my hand over my chest, take a deep breath, and hit play again. A moment later, I hastily skip to the next song. Trying to lift my jaw off the floor.

The next song is super catchy; I look at the title, Look Here. I can breathe during this one, it has a sort of Pharrell Williams feel to it, and I dig it, but then all of a sudden, there is Namjoon's voice again, breaking in with those smooth skills! His tone is like silk, and as the speed of his lyrics increases, I can feel the butterflies fluttering around my stomach.

Oh, hell no!

I'm not sure why I am so insistent that I keep boundaries with him, but I feel it in my gut. I can't do this. I just can't. Between his friendly demeanor, his understanding of art, his love of being outdoors, his musical skills, even this journey he is determined to be on to find himself and show the world different dimensions of his personality is incredibly admirable -it feels like I find something new about him that excites me every day. If I don't shut this down, I will fall hard, which isn't realistic!

I can't get attached. I am already attracted. This will not do me any favors. I need to be focused on my own journey, or I won't find my own fulfillment. No man can give me that! Ironically, it seems like Joon is on his own journey looking for personal fulfillment as well.

I make a 180-degree musical switch and turn on a Vitamin C Quartet playlist, letting their classical stylings of modern songs fill the air so that I'm leaving Namjoon far behind me. I stoically promise not to allow myself access to his alter-ego again, or I know I will get in over my head.

Lily strolls in a short while later, with Yoongi and Namjoon trailing not too far behind her.

"Did you make coffee?" Namjoon asks while closing his eyes and inhaling deeply as he enters the building.

"I did! There is a fresh pot down in the kitchenette."

"Well then, you're an angel!" he chuckles, and his words shock me.

Namjoon's voice is so smooth it makes the skin on my forearms prickle, and I have to hide the pleased smile threatening to reveal my delight. It's like my entire woman empowerment self-talk I just gave myself is trying to jump right out the window! I grab my laptop, and when I look up, I see Yoongi looking between Namjoon and me with a smirk that he quickly tucks away.

Shit! Can he tell?

I play it off and head to Lily's studio, feeling them trailing behind me. I go to work setting up my things and reset my resolve while they are busy getting coffee.

I'm a professional. This is my job. I need to concentrate. No more, Namjoon.

No sooner do I finish the silent mantra in my head than the two men wander in with coffee in hand. My breath catches as I watch Najoon sip his coffee with a satisfied look as if someone had just slipped him a cool million dollars. He's in a pair of jeans the fit him perfectly and a simple white t-shirt that shows the definition in his upper arms. I swear he is posed like he's about to shoot a coffee commercial; the man is practically a model standing there so casually like he doesn't know how his presence impacts me.