Chapter 9: Yet to Come

Ari's POV 🌸

At lunchtime, a delivery man shows up hauling a large lunch order, placing several bags on the counter before departing. Not a moment later, a man comes strolling in a wide grin on his face.

"Hi there, are you Ari?"

The man looks almost ethereal, his face is flawless, and his jawline is mesmerizing. "I -I am. I'm sorry, do I know you?" I ask though I'm sure if I had met this angel before, I'd remember it.

"Not until right now," he chuckles and stretches out his hand to shake mine. "I'm one of Lily's closest friends. Actually, I like to think I am her BEST friend. My name is Hobi."

I nod politely while I sneak a look at Lily's list of people I should allow in without question, and I see a name listed with "AKA Hobi" as one of the choices.

"It's nice to meet you!" I smile.

"Here, let me help you with carrying the lunch bags. I texted my order to Lily earlier. I'm eating with you too!" Hobi seems polite, and I appreciate the help.

"Thank you so much! You are so nice! We are eating in the conference room. Come this way!"

Everyone is already in the conference room, spread out around the long wooden table. Hobi and I place the bags down, and Lily starts taking food out of the bags and sliding orders around to different people.

Heyon and Jimin seem to be bickering over something. "You are trying to tell me you think your new solo album is going to be better than what I'm producing right now? You are out of your mind, Jimin!"

Heyon smooths her hands over the long pink skirt wrapped around her hips. She looks like a model, almost angelic, with a soft white sweater and her long black hair splashed across her shoulders. She's always put together in a particular way, almost like a doll, and I find it interesting that she chooses to express herself this way. She seriously always looks modest but stylish, like she is about to walk down a runway.

"Heyon, I'm telling you, I'm looking to do something completely different from everyone else. You are going to be impressed!" Jimin scoffs as he starts mixing ingredients together within a bowl of noodles.

"Pfft, nobody is as good at making songs as I am!" she declares confidently.

"Nobody is as humble as you either!" Lily chuckles, and I notice Heyon's cheeks turn as pink as her skirt.

"I mean not as good as 'us,' including you and Nabi," Heyon quickly corrects herself with a sly grin.

"Sure, sure!" Nabi laughs as she scoops some rice into her mouth.

Hobi chose a seat right next to Lily, and I watch as the two dive into their lunches. I'm surprised when occasionally one of them stuffs a bit of food into the others mouth uttering the words, "Try this!" I can't help but watch, fascinated with their dynamic.

Jimin leans towards my ear, "You'll get used to those two. They feed each other like their desperate baby birds. They are pathetic with each other."

"Jimin, you know I can hear you. Right?" Lily utters between bites with a smirk on her face.

"Don't listen to him. He's just jealous because you love me best!" Hobi says, tsking at Jimin, and I watch as the two men roll their eyes at each other teasingly. It seems like they have a friendly competitiveness about their friendship with Lily, and I'm intrigued by it.

"Anyway, what I'll be interested in hearing, is the song Yoongi and Namjoon are working on with you! I didn't see that coming!" Hobi replies while picking up some pork and sweeping it into Lily's mouth. "Try this with this sauce," he says with complete confidence, and she takes a bite from him without hesitation.