9. Together Bulletproof

Y/N POV:

"Not good, Lee Know, not good." I respond to him. He doesn't answer. We're surrounded by another gang. I haven't seen them before.

"Give us the loot. Wait- Y/n? That you? Haven't seen you since you ditched high school! Guess I know what you're up to these days." The person comes closer. I honestly don't recognize whoever the fuck this is.

"I don't know who you are." I simply respond.

"Everyone, fire on three." I hear Chan from the ear piece. I stay close to the rest of my team.

"Oh come on you must remember me." The person insists. Which now I can tell is a male. I shake my head. Hurry up Chan! I wanna shoot whoever the fuck this is so we can get out!

"One."

"Two." The male is meters away, lessening by the second.

"Three." Shots are fired from the rooftops shooting half the other gang that the male was with. I shoot the male and a few more people. Felix gets shot in his left arm and screams in agony. I guess this is his first time getting shot.

I guess I didn't kill the male from earlier because he's still talking. "Y/n, the mid year dance. That help?"

I gulp. "No." That was a complete lie. I do remember. I grab Felix's right arm and retreat to an alleyway to get out of the line of fire. Police sirens are heard in the distance.

"Come on everyone get out now. Forget about them." RM commands everyone. Seems they all got the message and retreated. Seungmin and Hoseok come down from one buildings, meeting Felix and I.

"Seungmin, we need to talk with Jungkook when we get back." I state blankly, trying not to show any worry. He nods in understanding. We all walk back to the vehicle in silence. I dump the bags in the back and hop in the vehicle. Rose makes sure we aren't being watched or followed and drives us back to our mansion.

I knew exactly who that person was. The name can't come to mind but I know the face. Minnie, Kook and I went to highschool together. I was never close to either of them but it became relevant when our mafia groups made alliances. But back to the person. When there was the mid year dance, I was supposed to go with that person. He asked me out. I didn't really like him back, but he was nice, so I couldn't say no. There was a person who I liked at the time, but they didn't like me back.

At the dance I hung out with my date and my crush. Literally the typical best night ever, but it wasn't. My crush wanted to pull me aside into the hallway while my date went to the bathroom. You see, this is where things when downhill. My crush was about to tell me something he said was 'very important and was a matter of life or death.' He said it had something to do with my date. I was genuinely curious because that the time I was naive.

Just before he was about to go on, he was shot. He fell into my arm and I was shocked more than anything. Blood was dripping on the floor and my dress. My date took my arm and pulled me into a classroom. He put his hands to his lips motioning for me to be silent. I did as he said. That exact same night when I returned home I cried until I had no more tears. My date was still with me to keep me comfort. I heard my parents scream out of what sounded like agony. My date pulled my arm to keep me back but I resisted because I loved my parents more than anything in the world.

When I got there I only got a glimpse of whoever was in the house. The face was imprinted in my memory, even to this day. I looked down to see my parents dead. Pools of blood around their sides. They've been stabbed. My father, seventeen times. My mother thirteen. I tried everything in my power to keep them alive. They were gone. I called the police and an ambulance was on its way. My date came rushing down. I explained to him to not tell anyone at school about it. I gave up knowing someone would find out anyway. I left after the police came and told my date to go home. Thats when I ran away and swore to kill the man that murdered my parents.

And well I did. Like I have already mentioned. But I never told Hyunjin the whole story.

Time skip because Hyunjin is a human downey:

We got home and met with everyone else. Felix wound is being cared for right now. As well as Hyunjin and Jeongin from jumping out of the car and scraping their knees badly. Minho told me what happened there. Nothing too serious. Tae, Jisoo, Namjoon and I scattered the loot on the table. Yoongi and Rose came into the room with a tray of shot glasses.

"Who wants to celebrate with a shot?" He comes over to all of us. Some taking a glass, some not. I take one and chug it down.

"Thanks Yoongi." I honestly need a drink. Not just one.

"2.5 million in cash for each gang, 130 bars of gold, and 90 diamonds." Chan announces. Everyone starts cheering. I walk over to Chan.

"I need to talk to you Chan, about the guy from the other mafia." He nods. "Minnie and Kook need to come too. I'll get them."

"Okay, I'll meet me in my office." I nod and turn away to get the other boys.

"What's this about N/n?" Kook asks.

"Remember the mid year dance back in high school? Before I ran away?" He stays quiet. Both the boys were there that night. Unlike everyone else, when they heard the shot fired, they came to see.

I knock on Chan's door. "Come in." I do so and take the seat on the chair. The other boys standing. "So who was he and what does he want?"

"What he wants is obvious, the loot. But we didn't give him shit. But who he is..." I continued to tell the story. Then the boys told what they know about the guy. They were never close to my date that night, so they didn't know his name either.

Another time skip cauz Felix is half mosquito:

"Thanks for telling me. I'll have Binnie look into your high school's records." I nod in understanding and Kook, Minnie and I join everyone else. I go to the kitchen and pour myself some soju. I hate talking about what happened that night. So why not just drink away my problems? It'll be temporary but that's fine! I take my glass and try to find Jennie. She's not in the backyard, so I go to the game room. There she is! Looks like she's playing truth or dare with Hyunjin, Felix, Lisa and Jimin.

"May I join?" I peer over here shoulder.

"Yeah, sit here." She scoots over letting me sit between Felix and her. Seems to be Lisa's turn so I turn to Felix.

"How's your wound?" I ask, curious of how he's doing. He looks at his arm.

"Meh, it hurts a little even now and then. I just gotta take it easy. Thanks." He smiles genuinely to me. I smile back.

Lisa asked Jennie a truth, now it's Jennie's turn to ask someone truth or dare. She automatically turns to me. Uh oh.

I'm cringing at the amount of times I wrote "MiD yEaR dAncE" this chapter 💀