Chapter 15

"Hey." Tony walked in Steve's hospital room. You were sitting there since he was moved in there after the operation. "How is he?"

"He's in a coma. They tortured him too much. I don't know when he'll wake up." You said as you put your head down on the bed, next to Steve's hand that you were holding.

"Did you eat anything?" Tony asked.

"No. I'm fine. I'll eat later." You said, looking at Steve.

"He'll be fine, Y/N. Come on, eat something." Tony said.

"No. You go. I'll eat later." You said.

"Y/N..." Tony sighed.

"I promise I will eat, Tony." You said. "Go have dinner." 

Tony sighed, "Okay. How about I bring you something?" 

"Fine." You said. 

"Good." He said and kissed your forehead. "I was going to go down to get a cheeseburger. You want one?" 

"Yes, please." You said and smiled at Tony. 

"Sure. See you soon. Bye." Tony said and left the room.  

You moved your head back on the bed and looked at Steve. You so wanted to lie down next to him and cuddle him. But his injuries were serious and you didn't want to hurt him more than he already was. Even though he healed quickly you wanted them to heal properly, with out anymore damage. His beautiful face was covered with bruises. His hands had marks on them too. 

'Please, wake up, Steve. I need you here." You said and got up and kissed his lips softly. "I'm right here with you. I'll stay here with you till you wake up." You said, closing your eyes, giving them a rest after working for almost ten hours.

Tony came in the room with three cheesburgers. One for him and two for you because of you had been eating more now. He was about to shout out your name but stopped when he saw you sleeping uncomfortably on the chair. He sighed and kept the bag on the table and moved to stand next to you. "Y/N, sweetheart." Tony gently shook you. "Come on. Get up. I got you burgers." 

You groaned and got up, seeing Tony holding the bag. You smiled at him, "Thanks." 

"It's fine. I knew you wouldn't take care of yourself." Tony said, handing you the two burgers. 

"Two?" You asked. 

"Well, you're eating for three aren't you? So, I figured you'd need more to eat." Tony shrugged. 

"Thanks, Tony." You said and began to eat. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You going to bed now?" Tony asked. 

"No. I'm staying here." You said and sat on the chair once again. 

"Y/N. Come on. It's not good for you to sleep like that." Tony said. 

"I'll be fine, Tony. And if I feel asleep. I'll sleep on the couch. Okay?" 

"Fine." Tony said and opened a closet in the room, removing a blanket, "Take this. Good night." 

"Good night, Tony." You said as Tony gave you a smile and left the room. 

You stood back up as the doors closed and checked on Steve's wound, making sure they weren't bleeding or anything. You took the blanket and wrapped it around you, sitting back in the chair. 

You picked up the book that was on the stand next to the bed and began reading. The steady beeping of the moniter and the long lines in the book slowly lulled you to sleep and you fell asleep on the chair.