Chapter 21

Steve's POV

I was frozen in place. I was shoced when Y/N slapped me and give the ring back. I watched as she wiped her tears away and placed her hand on her stomach. "How could you?" Was all she said and walked out of the room. 

It took me a moment to come back to my sense. "Y-Y/N wait. Please." I stopped her before she could get to the elevator. "I'm sorry."

"No. You said it yourself. And when I saw you kissing Peggy. I knew it was the end. I'm done. Step aside." She said. 

"Y/N, please." I pleaded as the elevator opened and Tony came in. 

"Rogers, what are you dong here?" He asked. The anger in his tone was clear. 

"I came to talk." I said. 

"We're done talking." Y/N said. "Can you come with me?"

Tony eyed me for a moment before answering Y/N, "Yeah, sure." 

I had no option but to watch her going with Tony. I groaned as the elevator closed. I messed up. Very badly. The engagement ring was weighing a ton in my hand. Never had I thought this would happen. The only woman that accepted me knowing my faults, my past. Just left me. And it was all my fault. 

Narrator's POV

Steve put the ring in his pocket and took a deep breath as he ascended the elevator and punched the button that led to his floor. "Sorry, sir. You've been denied access to your floor." J.A.R.V.I.S. said. 

"What? Why?" Steve asked. 

"Dr. Stark has denied you access for atleast three hours." He said. 

"Override it." Steve said. 

"Sorry, Captain. I can't." He replied. 

Steve groaned, "Fine. Take me the common floor then." 

"Yes, sir." The elevator began to move and opened at the common floor. Steve stepped out and went straight to the balcony where he was greeted by Natasha. 

"Hey, Rogers." She said. 

"Nat." Steve nodded at her and leaned against the balcony. 

"What's wrong?" She asked. 

"I messed up." He said. "I kissed Peggy when I thought Y/N was cheating on me. I went to talk to her. She told me she was in hospital when I woke up. I got angry and didn't believe it."

"That's a big fucking mess, Steve." Nat said. "What happened?" Steve shook his head and removed the engagement ring showing it to her. "Shit." 

"I know. It's all because of me. I said something I shouldn't have and..." Steve shrugged. 

"Then what the hell are you donig here?" Nat said and hit Steve's arm. "Go talk to her." 

"I can't. I've been denied access to my floor." Steve said, "Can't override it." 

"I don't know what to tell you, Rogers." Nat said. "What are you going to do?" 

"I don't know. I'm confused right now." Steve said, "She does have nice slap though." Steve touched his cheek where you'd hit him. 

"How's her hand?" 

"Don't know." Steve said. 

"I'm sorry." Nat said. 

"Not your fault, Nat." Steve said. "I'm gonna go for a walk. Need some air." 

"Sure. Take your time. Clear your head and then talk to Y/N." 

Steve nodded, "Bye." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N. Stop." Tony stopped you as you packed your clothes in the small suitcase. "What are you doing?"

"I don't know." You said, throwing the clothes in the case. "I need some time to myself. I need to think." 

"Are you going back to your house?" Tony asked. 

"No." You said. 

"Then where? Tell me, Y/N." Tony said. 

"Anywhere. And don't worry, I will tell you where I'm going." You said. "Just let me go." 

"Okay." Tony said and hugged you, "Take care. Please." 

"Yes. Of course." You said, "Now come on. Let me pack." You said and began folding the few clothes that were on the bed and put them in the suitcase. 

"Yeah." Tony said and helped you pack your clothes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You knocked on the door in front of you and waited for the person on the other side to open it. The door opened and Jack came in view. "Y/N. What are you doing here?"

"Can I stay here with you for a few days?"

"Yeah, sure. But what's wrong?" He asked, letting you in. 

"I broke up with, Steve." You said and Jack expression changed from normal to  shocking. 

"WHAT?!" He yelled, pushing the door closed. 

"Yes. A lot happened after you left." You said. 

"Fine. You can stay here as long as you want." He said. "Here. I'll show you the guestroom." He took your bag and led you to the room. 

"Thanks, Jack. You're my bestest friend." You said and hugged him. 

"Oh, I'm flatterred." He said and pulled away. "Make yourself comfortable. This room is yours as long as you want." Jack patted your shoulder and left the room.