31|Feelings

Riley's POV
I finally built up the courage to ask Wanda on a second date and she actually said yes! my thoughts are screaming and I just cant focus, but I have to get through a whole day at school before I can start setting up for the date. My foot taps on the floor to the beat of the song that is playing in my headphones and I drum my fingers on the table gently, MJ seems to sense my nerves and grabs my hands. "Stop doing that it's irritating, Come with me" she tells me.

I get up from my seat and follow her to a quiet corner in the library. "Now what's wrong, I can feel the nervousness radiating off you" She asks, I sigh and contemplate telling her, i look up to meet her gaze.

"I have a date, tonight. It's actually the second date with this person" I ramble, MJ smiles happily.

"I am glad its not something super serious" she states, my jaw drops.

"MJ, THIS IS SERIOUS, i am stressed out, I mean this girl is way out of my league and I mean waaaaaaaayyyy out of it. Okay, this is a crisis" I state nervously.

"I meant its not something that is a danger to your health or life, that sort of thing, this girl isn't likely to kill you on your date?" She ask, I nod "okay, then its fine. Do you want to talk about it?" MJ questions, I nod.

"Well I plan to have a picnic and watch the sunset with her, I am going to make some sandwiches and buy some nice cakes, there is a tree nearby so I might hang up some fairy lights to make it cozy when its darker, and there will be planets and pillow incase the ground is really hard and its cold" I say, a light smile apple as on my face as my thoughts trail back to Wanda.

"Wow, you have put a lot of though into this, who is the lucky girl? If it was a boy I was going to punch you, I know you are lesbian so I didn't want you to just have said yes to some guy because you felt bad" MJ tells me.

"I have never done that before thank you very much, well no one has asked me so I didn't have to, sorry thats not the point. It's Wanda, she is just beautiful and elegant and kind and caring and amazing" I ramble.

"Are you high or something, or drunk, I feel like you are" MJ states

"No, I haven't that would be illegal and I'm a good child. Wanda makes me happy" I state, smiling at the realisation.

"what is this Wanda's second name, its not a common name. Wait, are you talking about Wanda Maximoff the Avenger, she is out of your league Riley" MJ informs me, I put my hand over my heart and fake being offended.

"Thanks MJ" I say sarcastically, "real supportive you are" I add "we could talk about your singleness, or your little crush on a certain Parker over there" I suggest wiggling my eyebrows teasingly. MJ blushes a deep shade of red.

"You should build up the courage I managed to, just ask him, or suggest it like imply that you like him, boys are oblivious sometimes so stick I stick to girls. Actually everyone's oblivious when it comes to feelings" I state, rambling.

"Maybe, anyway I have to get to lesson, see you later, good luck on your date" MJ says cheerfully before running off. I head to my next lesson too, Wanda still on my mind.

I have finally finished my day at school and am walking home, my parents linger in my thoughts, what would they say? Would they care? That was a stupid question, they would and would want to disown me. Well its my life and I can do what I want to with it. My parents are dead anyway they cant control me.

I still feel guilty, I wish I had a chance to make up with my Parents, I didn't even get one more conversation with them, the last thing they said to me was 'You are not our daughter, we are so disappointed in you Riley. You will be alone forever, no one is going to love you, not even us. I cant even look at you right now child' I remember it word for word, I said nothing, I just went to my room and packed my bags, I was shocked but in a way I wish I had said just something, so they knew how I felt but even before I came out they never truly loved me in the way that my young, blind, stupid self, thought.

I arrive at the compound and decide to sing, I need to get my feelings out. I walk thorough the kitchen and into the main room, I decide to play the piano while singing. My parents still stay in my thoughts so I will sing about them and if they can hear they will realise what they have done to me.

I guess all the mountains that I moved just weren't enough
And all those nights I walked you home
From crowded bars when you were drunk
Well, they meant nothing 'cause you up and walked away
And I just wonder what it'd take to make you stay

'Cause when you said, "Jump" I said, "How high?"
But when I jumped, you said, "Goodbye"

I know that the song is not actually about parents but I feel that the lyrics have that meaning to me. I would have done anything for them until they kicked me out and left me alone on this cruel world and I didn't even get any chance to speak to them again.

I would've walked through hell
To find another way
I would've laid me down
If I knew that you would stay
I would've crossed the stars
To keep you in my life
But now I'm falling hard
Without you here tonight

Unbeknownst to me my singeing had gathered a crowd of all of the Avengers in the compound as they were all in the kitchen and watched me walk through.

What did you do with all that love you couldn't give?
And do you need someone to help you, tell you what to do with it?
It must be nice to love someone who puts you first
Then walk away when they expect it in return

'Cause when you said, "Jump" I said, "How high?"
But when I jumped, you said, "Goodbye"

I would've walked through hell
To find another way
I would've laid me down
If I knew that you would stay
I would've crossed the stars
To keep you in my life
But now I'm falling hard
Without you here tonight

You don't want me
Nothing I can do
'Cause you don't wanna try

I would've walked through hell
To find another way
I would've laid me down
If I knew that you would stay
I would've crossed the stars
To keep you in my life
But now I'm falling hard
Without you here tonight

I can feel tears pooling in my eyes as I finish the song, my parents meant everything to me, they were my role models and they let me down, then they die while I hate them putting me in a really tricky situation. I may have loved the parents I knew but I don't love the people I realise they were. they were alcoholics, drug abusers, they neglected me, but made me the person I am, I suppose.

A few tears fall but I wipe them away quickly. When I turn around I see all of the Avengers standing there, Peter is smiling at me awkwardly, Steve and Bucky are holding hands and seem confused but kind of seem to understand, Tony seems to understand slightly, Wanda looks at me like she complete understands, she walks over and hugs me tightly.

"They left me Wanda, they left me at a time where I hated them, I thought I knew them but I obviously didn't" I mumble into her shoulder, she nods understandingly. We break the hug and Pete is staring at me in a way that says 'your welcome' cheeky bastard is so proud of himself, I shoot a web at his face, it hits him right on the nose and covers his eyes.

"Dissolved in three hours or so, I'm not sure. I have to do some stuff. See you later, I'll find you at around seven Wanda" I mumble the last seventeen to Wanda before leaving the room. While walking I can hear Sam shout.

"Wow, I didn't know Riley could sing so well" Sam announces.

"That was about her parents wasn't it" Tony mumbles, But I manage to catch it. I hear Peter utter some response but cant make out what it is exactly. I have a date to prepare for.