46|A Mess

General POV
The date is the 14th of November. Riley was kidnapped on the 12th. Two days Riley has been missing for, and the Avengers are a mess, especially Wanda and Peter who were the closest to Riley. Peter hasn't even told May yet, he feels if he tells may it will become so much more real. And he just wishes it was a nightmare.

Wanda has locked herself in her room, she wishes she had pictures of Riley. All she has is the girls belongings. The Avengers searched the school and found her bag and her phone after tracking where she ran. Wanda listens to Riley's playlist all the time as it reminds her of the girl she loves. Riley Walker. Wanda wishes she could have answered that phone call and say it back.

She has sat in her room remembering all the times that Riley and her shared. Every avenger is feeling the same thing. They are mourning, grieving. Like Riley is dead, she is missing and there is no sign of her. They don't know of they took her blood and killed her, some are more optimistic than others, and hope Riley is alive other don't know what to think. Others think she is dead, or as good as. They know she doesn't stand much chance of surviving after the messages that were sent. Most of the Avengers have moments of going between feelings of optimism, to pessimistic, to somewhere in between.

Wanda is lost in her thoughts. Thinking back to their first date when they had a deep conversation about their lives and how Riley got distracted while talking about grief. She knows the the moment well and will never forget it. It was the first date she went on with Riley after all "There is something I will always remember, my grandad told me after my gran died when I was fourteen, he said 'Grief is a most peculiar thing; we're so helpless in the face of it. It's like a window that will simply open of its own accord. The room grows cold, and we can do nothing but shiver. But it opens a little less each time, and a little less; and one day we wonder what has become of it' his words have stuck with me sometimes I just need to remember them-" Riley pauses looking across at the water "ooooo, look a duck, awwww its doing that thing where they put their heads under water and get food or something, then they shake their little beaks, its sooooo cute" she says, Wanda is laughing loudly at the sudden change in topic from Riley's distraction. "Sorry, lets get some ice cream, I'm hungry" Riley states.

Wanda laughs lightly remembering that day and how easily Riley got distracted. But the laugh turns into a quiet stifled sob as tears flow down Wanda's cheeks when she remembers Riley is not here, instead she is with Hydra and could be dead.

The playlist of Riley's is on shuffle and one song plays that makes Wanda freeze.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

She remembers it so clearly. Wanting the song to be about her, and for Riley to like her in the same way she did for Riley. Wanda smiles sadly she misses her girlfriend and wishes that, that morning she had just kept hold of Riley and not let her go, she wishes they had just watched sitcoms and cuddles all day, and that Riley had stayed safe in the compound instead of going to school.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

The song ends and Wanda sniffles, she just wants to hold Riley tightly in her arms. And kiss her soft, gentle lips and be held in her caring, loving arms. She just wants her girlfriend to be safe but in this business she knows there is a low chance of that. 'I just wants to be able to live with my girlfriend happily. Is that too much to ask for?' Wanda thinks, sadly she knows it may be too much to ask for.

The Avengers are a mess. They are tired and grieving. They want to be happy. To have friends and family that stay with them forever and die in a natural way. No being killed by aliens or a secret Nazi organisation.