Chapter 17: Why him?

Morgan's P.O.V.

Ouch.

Is all I think as I open my eyes and everything comes into view. I feel blood slowly dripping from my head and down my back. That guy sure has a heck of a throwing arm.

I look around and find Niall on the floor in a pool of blood.

"Niall!" I yell.

I run over to him.

"Wake up." I say as I shake his arm. My stomach churns at the sight of all his blood.

"Niall, wake up!" I say again.

I see his chest only rising and falling slightly.

"What did that man do to you while I was out?" I ask even though I know he won't answer.

I hope this doesn't end like my dream did.

"Niall, please wake up." I whisper.

His hand twitches slightly. I take it in mine and squeeze it.

"I love you so much, Niall. Please wake up. Do it for me, for the boys." I cry as tears begin to stream down my cheeks.

His eyes slowly flutter open and I see his beautiful blue eyes. There is only one problem though, they don't shine like they usually do.

"Morgan." He whispers.

"Yes Niall. I am right here." I sob.

I run my hand through his hair.

"Please don't die. I can't live without you." I beg.

"I won't Morgan." He whispers.

Suddenly I hear the door open. i whip my head around and see five police men in the door way.

One pulls out a radio and asks for an ambulance.

"Did you catch Lily?" I ask them not taking my eyes from Niall's.

"Yes we did ma'am. Are you okay?" He asks now.

"I'm okay but I am worried about Niall." I say.

At that moment two paramedics burst in. They put Niall on a stretcher and load him into the back of an ambulance. I follow and get in with him.

"Can I borrow a phone?" I ask.

"Sure." One of the paramedics hand me a cell phone.

I quickly dial Liam's number.

"Hello?" He asks.

"Liam. It's Morgan I need you to meet me at the hospital. Niall is hurt. I think he is hurt badly." I say as I burst into tears again.

"Okay." He says. I can tell that he is trying not to cry ether.

He hangs up.

After a drive that felt like forever we finally arrive at the hospital. They unload Niall and rush him into surgery.

I sit in the waiting room and wait for the boys. They told me I needed to be looked at but I told them that I could wait even though my head is pounding.

Finally I see Liam and the other boys. Harry runs over to me and pulls me into a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm alright." I answer.

"Where's Niall?" Louis asks.

"He is in surgery." I say.

I pull away from Harry and give each boy a hug. Then my head starts pounding even more. The room starts to spin. I fall back and Zayn catches me.

"What's wrong?" Liam asks.

I pass out before I can answer.

                                                                     *  *  *

I wake up in a white room.

"She's awake!" Harry exclaims.

I look around and see all the boys except Niall.

"Where's Niall?" I ask.

I see all the smiles on their faces disappear.

"Oh no don't tell me that he's d-dead?" I stammer.

"No he's not. He's in another room." Liam answers.

"Show me." I say.

I stand from the bed and Liam takes my hand and leads me to another room.

I open the door and find Niall sitting in bed watching T.V.

"Liam!" He exclaims.

I run over to him and give him a huge hug even though he didn't notice me come in. I pull away and see a confused look on his face.

He turns to Liam and asks, "Who is this?"

"What do you mean who is this?" I ask my smile disappearing.

"Who are you?" He asks again.

"I am Morgan your girlfriend!! Remember?" I exclaim.

"I don't know you." Niall says.

I turn to Liam.

"Why doesn't he remember?" I ask tears coming to my eyes.

"He has amnesia, Morgan. He doesn't remember the last few months." Liam explains.

He pulls me into a hug. I let my tears fall. I bury my face in his shirt.

"I am so sorry I let Lily take you two. She blackmailed me into doing it. She wanted Niall to do it, that's why she hurt him so bad. He didn't do what she asked him to do. She said that she would kill the boys and you if I didn't. Please forgive me." Liam whispers.

"It's okay, Liam. You and the boys are like brothers to me, except Niall. But I will always forgive you." I sob.

"You should go reintroduce yourself to Niall." He says.

I nod my head and pull away from him.

I walk over to Niall and sit on his bed next to him. I take his hand and say, "Niall please remember. I am Morgan. You saved me from being beaten. I am your girlfriend. I love you so much. Please remember that you love me."

He looks at me and says, "I want to remember everything I forgot so bad."

This only makes me cry even harder.

He closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.

I sit there long after Liam and the boys had left. Even though Niall was asleep I talked to him telling him everything that had happened in the last few months. Every little detail, every word that was said.

Finally I can when my eyes can stay open no longer I say, "I love you Niall."

I lean down and kiss him softly. I pull away and set my head down in my hands and silently cry myself to sleep.