CHAPTER: 32

I hear the car moving away. A sigh escaped my lips and turned around, walking back to the room. My mind burning with thoughts of what to do next? He marked me. Should I go to the temple and tell the high priestess? The clacking sound of a glass object filled my ears, snapping me out from the train of thoughts.

I looked at the door of the room from which the sound came and open it entered to see the curtains fluttering and the case kept near the window knocked down. It's just the vase, my eyes focused on the withered flowers and rolled my eyes. I turned around to get the broom because no worker would be at home at this hour.

My eyes trailing around the room and the furniture and froze. As the memories from my last life refreshing in my mind. I thought I was seeing myself there.

It was after my 15th try to runaway. The time I finally gave up on everything, Yeonjun left after doing it with me. I was alone in the cold room, locked. I started feeling weird after a month. I didn't get my periods the whole month. It was unusual, very unusual. Yeonjun having unprotected sex with me was very normal.

I thought, I was pregnant. I was devastated, I didn't want the child. I couldn't reach out to tell anyone about it. About the baby growing in my belly.

Waking every morning with morning sickness and sleepless nights with fear of having the child in my belly.

I stood before the mirror, mindlessly staring at my stomach. The small bump on my tummy. When the servant barged into the room, “Master called for you,” One day the servant came for me. It was unusual because the day by day servants were decreasing from the home. Yeonjun called for me after three months, He was buried in the work for days. Continuously. Something about the house didn't set right with me.

I enter his study. He was sitting behind large mahogany eyes closed and head reclining on his chair, dark circles under his eyes. He opened his black onyx eyes and looked at me. I held his gaze for a moment and began to walk closer to the table.

“What do you want now?” I ask calmly, my throat itching to tell him about the child and blame it all on him.
“Let's get divorced,” He utters.
I froze, “What?”
All this time when I was dying to get a divorce he didn't want and now that I'm… does he know I'm pregnant? Is it because of that, he wants a divorce?

“What? What. Didn't you always wanted it?” He asks laughing. I narrow my eyes. I don't even feel like telling him anymore. I scoff.
“I see Mr. Choi is finally bored with me. I wish it happened earlier, I wouldn't have to go through all this hell!” I laughed.
I could see his smirk disappearing as he lifted a document.

“These are divorce papers, sign it, and you're free.” He said, and I smiled through tears and walked to the table, grabbing the pen. I signed the papers without second thought. I would be away from this man, spawn of the devil.

Then…why am I crying?

The tears spilled on the papers as I signed them. I tossed it at his face and walked away. When I was walking away I remember his face, he glared at those papers, not at me for behaving that way. He looked at me, his eyes filled with tears. It was the first time I saw him crying. I didn't care. I still…

Walked away…. What about the child? I couldn't help but chuckle sadly thinking about it. My child died even before being born because of that man, my Ex boyfriend Jaejun. He took away my everything and look at me, I can't do anything because he hasn't done his evil sins to me yet. In his life, He won't be able to do it anyway.

I walked out of that room without even cleaning and entered my room and cuddled in the bed filled with his scent. The tears masking my cheeks, when it dawned on me. Why did he cry like that?

I remembered Jaejun's words. I went to his house one last time, I still loved him until that time. Until, I heard him say, “Don't worry, once Ari dies. I'm going to use her in the fire and transfer all her powers into you,” He said to my cousin. Who was straddling him. He cheated on me. He wanted to kill me. The sense of betrayal knocked into me, shredding my heart into millions of pieces. To the one I loved so dearly. For whom, I got violated, insulted. Did he say he wanted to kill me? A wry smile appeared on my lips and I leaned on the door, breathing heavily, my belly beginning to hurt. Tears spilled down my eyes.

I was about to open the door and confront them. When I hear my cousin talking and stopped.

“I can't believe that naive woman really believed everything you said, I feel so bad for her husband. Oops! Late husband, after all, he'll be dead by now,” My cousin emphasized on the word late. My heart stopped beating for a moment. What do they mean? Yeonjun? Is there something wrong with him?

I gave up on the thought of confronting them. I immediately walked out of his house, running down the street like a crazy woman. My belly was hurting, this pain was nothing compared to the pain I've gone through my life.

I reached the mansion, I saw a man standing on the terrace of the beautiful mansion, His red eyes gleaming peering through the smoke. He stares at me through his fox like eyes, smiling wryly through his tears. The fire enrages, making me step back, and before I could process everything burned down.

Yeonjun was that man. I collapsed on the floor in between the ruins. The blood that was gushing down from between my legs. With Yeonjun, everything turned into ashes. My hopes and dreams, my child and my will to live.

A/N:
Mysteries of past unlocked!¡ I wanted to write about the past that's why, I decided to extend the chapters because story felt incomplete like that.
What do you think about it?
Comment and Vote!