CHAPTER: 37

The crescent moon clawed the night sky with clear, bright stars accompanying it. The bluish black sky seemed pretty. My head was filled with a single question. What is Yeonjun doing? He has been on my mind all the time since I came. Now, I was filled with this sense of guilt. I knew it when I came back in time that, What I was doing was wrong? I thought as long as I make Yeonjun happy, Which was obviously not running away from him anymore. It will be okay!

I have taken away his hard work, knowing that just four years ago. He was struggling to make ends. He worked hard to each that position, years of sleepless nights and dedication. I want to say sorry, I would like to hug him and love him.

Him on my mind, my heart raced. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply. Hoping to see his message as soon as I wake up. I think that wasn't the case with him.

Next morning I wake up. Disappointed and dejected because he didn't text back for any of my messages. Ari grabs her hair, pulling them out of anger. Why do I have to say Jaejun's name when I was telling Woosuk to investigate? I could've talked without using his name in code word.

“AAAAHHHHHHH!” I screamed leading my lungs out of frustration. And, seconds later, I heard someone knock on my door. I got up, opened the door with a big smile. Moyeon was standing there.

“Are you alright, Priestess Min?” She asks, worry laced in her voice. I nod, “I'm absolutely fine,”
“It's great to hear because we heard you scream,”
“I sure you're hallucinating,”
“Uh-o-okay if you say so,” Girl stutters and nod.

My morning fit was over. I usually throw a fit in the morning, Yeonjun is used to it, so sometimes I don't even notice whether I throw a fit or not. I guess, I should get rid of this bad habit. I got ready and went downstairs.

“Visualize your energy in the center and. . .”

Ari got up, she spent her time with the kids, teaching them magic. Kids who only heard about Priestess Min in the stories were all thrilled to spend time with her.

Why was Priestess Min so famous? Ari, was a magick prodigy. She didn't have any powers until 15, but when she manifested it. Her mana level were extremely high, making her even more powerful than the high priestess, and clearly she was heiress of the next high priestess. Protected the coven from many fatal attacks for years. Being the child of a special bloodline that served the Queen of Witches, she was loved by all.

“Ari, you've worked hard. Come on, have some breakfast.” Priestess Joo said, I looked up from the kids to her. A smile swarming on her warm face. I smile back at her, getting up from the mat, stretching my legs.

“Okay,”

We moved towards the dining hall, while I chatted with Priestess Joo.

“Ari, Why not go and meet the High Priestess. She was wishing to meet you,”
“I asked about meeting her yesterday, I heard she hot seizure. I didn't disturb her. If she alright, I'll meet her,” I said.
“She is alright after resting, go meet her after breakfast. Okay!” I nod.

• • •

After breakfast was over, I walked down the corridor, making my way to the center of the mansion where lies the chambers of the High Priestess. I knock at the door, before pushing the door open. I see her, the beautiful middle-aged woman. Her beautiful emerald eyes, piercing the air, lands on me. I get very conscious about myself as I walk towards her. A bright smile on my face.

“Did you fight with him again?” She asks, like shooting an arrow on my chest.
“I didn't fight!” I state, “Actually, none of us did. He lost his temper and left and didn't return home,”
She chuckles, “Seems like you finally decided to return his feelings,"
A sigh escapes my lips, “Why do you guys always support him? He is your enemy!”
“But, He isn't the wrong guy. Though he does have many red flags,” She speaks like millennia, How annoying.

“I'm not any great, And given his instincts, if he had to punish on what I did? He would have just locked me up in a dungeon and torture me physically and mentally,” I replied, remembering the stories I heard from maids at Toreador castle. When they saw How Yeonjun only punishment for me was grounding. While, many other clans did the worst. He is extremely very tolerant, given his short-tempered nature.

“It's good that you are finally appreciating him,”
“How is your health?”
“I'm fine, but I don't know until when so I've to share this with you. You who will be taking my position in the future,” She said, her tone suddenly grim and serious. Her hand was on my head, she softly patted me.

“Why are you saying it like that, Aunt? Please don't say such words. You're my only family left,”
“Time doesn't stop for normal people like us, until it's for a great cause. Something that determines the future. They have to go through extreme difficulties. If they still have willpower to go on, everything happens in their favor,” She stated coldly, her emerald eyes, sent a shiver down my spine. She knows, How can't she? She sees three time-dimensions.

She coughs violently, covered her mouth. When she removes the cloth. The blood was visible, she saw, and her eyes closed as she breathed deeply.

“What has happened to you?”
She opened her eyes and smiled gazing at me, “Nothing my child, Now listen to me and answer the questions I ask,”
“What is it aunt?” I asked, “That you wanted to tell me,”
“How much do you know about our Queen Amelia?
“Queen?”
“She was the daughter between Hecate son and our former high Priestess. . . .”