CHAPTER: 42

“What is it that you want to tell me?” I demanded, kind of getting pissed. He grabs my wrist, pulling me outside. Confused, I gazed at Yeonjun. His face crumpling, but he didn't say anything. He took me out. I saw Moyeon standing there looking at me worriedly. A small beam of protection layer surrounding her. I entered the layer when Woosuk pulled me.

“What is it?” I ask, pulling my hand back.
Woosuk turns around, heaving a sigh.
“I think someone put black magic on me,” He nervously said. I squint my eyes, my mind going blank. The more, I stare at him for a moment.

“WHAT? HOW? WH—Why the fuck are you, so quiet tell fast don't keep on being quite.”
“I think after the lunch, I went to my room and I don't recall what happened? Moyeon told me that I brought you guys to club. I have no idea. I never intended to take you since I thought you should spend some more time with Mom,” He breathed out, his voice all shaky.

I couldn't just believe what I heard? What the hell? My mind hazy, buzzing with all the information. Think Ari. What happened during this time? Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something. What is it? My heart picked a pace and the palms got covered with sweat.

When did the coven disappear? It was around the winters, I heard from Yeji was that High Priestess was killed. The entire building was burnt down, no evidences found. I just remember from the news that I saw. Only dead bodies were found and there but they could not find out one thing. How did the fire break out? What I thought at that time was fire must have been broken out my mistake while practicing magic. Now, that I've seen the new ways of practicing magic. No chance fire broke out like that. Did someone purposely set fire. No, the High Priestess died. She died!

I gasp, finally able to comprehend all this. A siren appeared, a new development. Butterfly effect are finally showing up. I went back to coven, which I didn't do in my past life. They must have used black magic too. . .

“I think Noona that someone used this on me to take you out of the coven,”
“But why would anyone what her to be out of the coven?”
“It's because, I'm strong my presence will hinder their plans,” I gritted my teeth while speaking. I clenched my molars.

“We have to get back soon!” I pushed them out of the way.
“Noona wait!”
“ARI! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” Yeonjun called out, from the corner of my head. I saw him running towards me in the empty lobby.
“I've to go back! Its urgent!” I nervously said and turned around to leave. He grabbed my hand, my lost my temper.
“Ari! Why do you look like this? Will you be in danger? Is it dangerous?” He grabs my shoulder. He frowns, words fumbling out of his nervous lips. I breathed in. Pressing my lips together. I breathe out. I extended my hand towards his face, caressing his lips. I give him a reassuring smile.

“No, I'm not doing anything dangerous. Even if I was, don't worry. Your wife is powerful enough to kill anyone, You know it, too.” I smirked lopsidedly. Ari didn't realize that her eyes were glowing with, full of anger and bloodlust. Yeonjun could sense her intention even though her lips said she was not doing anything. Her eyes told a different story.

• • •

She walks to the gates of the coven. Her eyes squinting, taking a deep breath. Her heart hammered against her chest. She could see the dark, black colored energy dome blocking the entrance of the coven. Shit, shit, shit!

“Vampires.”
“Why would they be here? How did they find this place?” Moyeon asks.
“Vampire's clan is rich, it wouldn't be a big deal to buy someone. After all, it's a world of capitalism and greed,” Ari repeats the word she heard yesterday. Ari clenches her molars, she began chanting spells. Her eyes glowing like emerald jewel, fiery green color. The energy begins to concentrate in her hand.

“Priestess Min, let us cover for you,” Moyeon says. She feels the rush of adrenaline in her veins. And, she wanted to show priestess Min she wasn't useless, like she has been until now.

“No need!” Ari said.
“Noona she is right. You should let us do these minor tasks and save your energy for the main.”
Woosuk said, resting his hand on her shoulder. Patting her back. Ari nods, fine. Her eyes going back to normal. She steps back, breathing deeply to control herself from doing anything impulsive. Both began to chant the spell, the light appears from the hand falling on the particular area of energy dome, that was set up to prevent anyone from entering.

As the moments passed, a crack appears in it. A smile spread across our lips, the dome vanished. They climbed up the wall as the couldn't risk going through the entrance, hiding in the bushes. The yard was completely quite without the sound of soul.

"Why is it so quite?" Ari asks.
"I believe all the others are asleep because of magic."
"Did you eat something bad or what? Did someone break inside?"
"No, I remember lunch in the afternoon and I don't remember what happened after that!!" Woosuk explains.
"Lunch did someone mix something in lunch. Then again isn't preperation of food completely in Priestess Joo's domain cause she is a kitchen witch and no one is allowed to enter in kitchen because she keeps precious herbs there,"
"Really?" I ask Woosuk and he nods.
"Indeed!" He said and gasped, he looks at me with wide eyes. I let out a empty chuckle comprehending his action.

"She actually managed to fool us all! Aren't there more kitchen witches in the coven?"
"There were but one by one, They were sent away in the ne of mission to spy on vampires . . ."
"What did they all die?" I ask.
"Yes, isn't that obvious?" Woosuk asks, his eyes full of regret.

I heaved a sigh and glanced back at me the window of my room. I don't remember shutting my window, if I'm not wrong the window should be open. I close my eyes, I began to chant the spell of Earth. Vines begins to appear, creeping climbing its way to my window. I smiled satisfied with it, biting my lips. I grab on the vine and looked back at them.

"Go from different ways, distract them." I order. Both of them nodded in synchronisation. They disappear from my sight. I begin to pull myself above using the vine.