6. Come over

The next day:

I woke up in a haze and looked over to my clock, it said 7:30am. Ugh I groan turning over. I look down and realized that I had passed out with my cloths and makeup still on. I bring my hands to my face and cover it for a second . I cant believe  passed out crying. Removing my hands from my face I sit up and untie my shoes throwing them to the ground. I get up out of bed and remove all my cloths. Well I thought I won't be getting any more sleep so I might as well take a shower.  I walk into the bathroom and turn the water on, letting the water warm up to the perfect temperature. My thoughts then wonder to Eddie, and last night and how perfect it was....till I messed everything up. I hang my head low and get into the shower, cleaning up all the makeup then slowly washing my hair.

I feel so burnt out, those flash backs always take so much out of me. Why did I have to have one when I was with Eddie, a boy I've been crushing on for years now. Should I explain to him what it was. I mean if we continue to hangout then he has to know....right? I'm so scared he'll judge me or think I'm to crazy. Telling someone you have PTSD can be so hard and makes you fell so vulnerable. Most people don't even understand it, it's like an unspoken rule ,whatever people just don't talk about their mental health. I'm not sure what to do but my mind is leaning in the direction of yes I should tell him because if I don't and this happens again he won't know what to do or how to help me out.

With a sigh I turn off the warm water off and wrap myself in a towel and towel dry my hair fast. I walk back into my room grabbing some underwear and sweats and an AC/DC T-shirt. I thrown them on quick and head upstairs to the kitchen to see if my mom is awake. Opening the door from the basement I walk into our kitchen to see my mom sitting at the table with a cup of coffee and reading the news paper.

"Hi mom."

She put the paper down and smiles at me

"Morning sweetie , how are you doing?"
"I'm ok just tired would of liked to sleep in since it's a Saturday."
A look of concern come across my moms face.
"Another nightmare?" She asked me.
"No not last night, but I had a horrible flashback yesterday and it's just messed with me."
"Ken or Paul."
I shift my eyes to the floor "Paul"

My mom gets up and walks over to me stretching her arms out and pulling me into a hug. I hug her back and smile to myself. I don't know what I would do without this woman.

"I love you mom." I say giving her a squeeze.
"I love you too." She says "Oh did you take your medication before you came up here."
"Crap no I forgot, I'll go take them now so I don't forget."

I pull away and run down the stairs and into my bathroom  and pull open a drawer looking for my medication. Finding it I pop it open and take one . Then grabbing my anxiety medication bottle I put them on my nightstand. I ran back upstairs and see that my mom has made me a cup of coffee that was right next to the coffee pot.

"Thanks mom." I say then look for the bread so I can make some toast. Getting that all done I grab the toast and coffee and sit down at the table. My mom had gone back to reading the paper again.

"So you have any plans today?" She ask's
"Not yet but I'm sure I'll find something to do today." I was secretly hoping that Eddie will call me.
"Well whatever you do I hope you have fun just...don't over do it." She says peering over her newspaper at me.
I smile "I won't, oh do you work tonight.?" I ask her
"Yeah I go in at 7:30 it's another double." She sighs
"Why aren't you sleeping then."
"Don't worry I'll be going back to bed in just a bit." She says putting the paper down "I was hopping to see you first." She says with a smile.

I finish eating and go into the living room with my coffee looking at the clock it says 9am. I sit down on the couch and turn the tv on flipping through the channels and then just turn it off. Nothing much on right now anyway. So I get up and turn the radio on and sit back down on the couch. I lay my head back closing my eyes trying to relax a bit.

"I'm going to go try and sleep a bit before my shift starts tonight."
"Ok mom, love you." I say with my eyes still closed.
"Love you too." She says walking to her room and closing her door behind her.

Just then the phone rings and I jump up off the couch and reach for the phone.

"Hello?" I say
"Hey it's Nancy."
"Hey what's up."
"I wanted to call and see if you would want to go to a party at Steve's tonight?" She asked me.
"Sure I need to get out tonight anyway."
"Awesome, you remember ware he lives right?"
"Yep." I replied I went over to his house a few years ago when him and Nancy were dating, though I haven't really talking to him in a bit. It will be nice to reconnect.
"What time should I be there?"
"Party starts at 7 so any time after that."
"Sounds good, thank you for the invite." I tell her.
"I wouldn't forget you Jade."
I smile "see you later then." I say and hang up the phone. As soon as I hug it up and started to ring again so I picked it back up.

"Hello?"
"Hey beautiful." Says the voice
"Hi Eddie." I say with excitement I was really hoping he would call.
"How are you doing today."he asks
"I'm alright." I say pushing my hair behind my ear and leaning against the wall.
"Well I want to call and check in on you and see if you had any plans today."
"Thank you for checking up on me I really appreciate it, and again I'm so sorry for last night."
"No need to say sorry sweetheart."
I blush "well right now I'm not doing anything, would you like to come over?" I ask my heart beating fast hoping he will say yes.
"I would love to, I can be over at 11:30 if that's ok?"
I check the clock it's 10:10 "perfect." I say
"See you then princess." He says then hung up the phone.

I put the phone down with a big smile on my face. Then I run back down stairs to my bathroom to brush my teeth real quick, run a comb through my hair and tidy up my room a little. I then head back upstairs and wait for Eddie to get here. I went to the cassette player and turned the radio off and started going through the cassette's that were up here and I found Iron Maiden. Didn't realize I left that one up here. I put it in and turn the volume down making sure it's not to loud so I don't disturb my mom trying to sleep. Sitting back down on the couch I get lost in in the music. I'm not sure how much time passed but I hear a knock on the door. I jump up and turn the music off and head to the door.

Sorry this one isn't that long. Again I hope you are enjoying this story so far.