24. Escape

TW slight smut (kissing groping)

Sunday was uneventful. I spent the day with my mom till she had to go to work that night. I smoked and watched moves most of the night and at about 10 I get a phone call.

"Hello." I say
"Hey." I hear Eddie voice say and my heart starts to beat a little faster.
"Oh , hey Eddie Um, what's up." I say trying to sound casual.
"I just wanted to see how you were doing and if you were ok."

Again why does he have to be so sweet. Still checking up on me. It's really starting to make it difficult to stay mad at this boy.

"Yeah I'm doing ok, trying to wine down for the night, hoping I'll be able to sleep."
"Are you nervous about school tomorrow?"
"Yeah." I tell him the truth. "Really I wish I could stay home tomorrow and just skip school but I know I have to see him sooner or later."
"It will be ok you have friends who will look out for you." He tells me.
I knew he also meant him but I didn't say anything.
"Well I'll let you go. I'll see you at school tomorrow." He says
"Thanks Ed." I say
"Sleep good princess." He tells me then hangs up.

I didn't fall asleep till 2 am even the weed didn't help. I get up at 6:15 to get ready for school, shower then put some jeans shots on and a dark blue crop top and my shoes then head up stairs.

At school

When I got to school I was a nervous reck. I knew I was going to run into Paul at some point today. I hurry and go to my locker then off to my first class and of course Paul is there.

My body tense up and it doesn't want to move but I dont want to show fear. Im stronger then I was back then. I push forward and see him look at me, I stare him down with narrowed eyes and he smirks at me. I go to the back of the class and sit down.

When class was finally over I wanted to get out fast so he wouldn't try to talk to me. I try to get out the door when a hand grabs my wrist, I look back and of course its Paul.

"Let me go." I snap at him
"Look who has a back bone now."
I slam my foot down on his and he releases me.
"Shit." He says.
"Fuck off ." I tell him and head to my next class.

Luckily he isn't in anymore of my morning classes and it was finally lunch time. I sit at my usual table with Monica and Dan and I try to act normal because I saw Paul at the table with Jason and both of them keep looking over at me. Ugh. At least Paul's nose looked messed up and he had bruising all around it from where Eddie punched him. That made me very happy.

Monica saw this and looked back at me.
"Why don't they get a life."
"Who knows." I say playing with my food as I was not feeling hungry at all.

I look over at Eddie's table and saw him looking at me, I give him a quick smile then look back down to my food.
"I can't eat." I say pushing my food away.
"I'm sorry." Monica says placing a hand on top of mine.
"It's not your fault." I say with a soft smile.

Just then I see Eddie come over and he takes a seat next to me.
"Hey are you ok?" He asks.
"Yeah I'm good."
"Hey Eddie." Monica says.
"Hey man." Dan says.
"Hey guys."
Eddie turns to me and leans in close.
"Look I can tell your not completely ok so do you wanna ditch the rest of the day?"
I think about it and even though I'm still hurt it sounds like a really good idea. I really don't wanna be here right now.
I look over at him "Yes."
"Give me a sec." He says getting up and walking back to his table. I see him talking to the guys then pick up his bag and comes back to me.
"I'm taking off." I say to Monica and Dan.
"Don't get caught." Monica says and winks at me.

Eddie grabs my hand and we go to leave the lunch room but we have to pass the table that Paul is at.
"You dating freaks now." Pall says to me as we start to pass his table.
"That's non of your business." I snap at him.
He narrows his eyes at me
"How's your foot?" I ask him with a smirk.
"By." Eddie ways to them and fallows me out of the cafeteria.