Chapter 3

Lisa's pov

"Bye" we both said to our dad and he wished us a good day while he started the car and drove away.

I started walking with my brother by my side. We both wanted to find our friends so we parted ways after saying our goodbyes. I wanted to say something more but I didn't. I wish we could be like before, talk for hours and generally be closer

I don't really know if he still wants to talk to me. We've never tried to have a conversation and I'm a little scared to do it because I know he'll be mad at me for ignoring him.

I would be too

"Hi Lisa, here" I heard a voice call my name. I could recognize this beautiful voice everywhere

Jamie's voice

I looked around and spotted him standing next to Sofia but I could barely see him as he was surrounded by boys and girls talking to them. I could see that he was not listening to what was being said to him, instead he was looking at me smiling.

He wanted to get away from them, I could feel it. He was never a big fan of crowded places.

On the other hand, Sofia loved people who were close to her, she liked to be the center of attention

As for me, I get along well with people around me that don't bully me and others

"Hey Earth to Lisa are you here with us?" Jamie asked laughing, snapping me out of my trance. Next to him was Sophia, smiling, the crowd of children was already out of my sight.

"I don't think so" Sophia replied laughing at Jamie's question. I need to stop doing this, but sometimes I can't help but get lost in my thought.

"Obviously I'm here too" I said rolling my eyes and laughing a little.

After a few minutes of laughing I closed my eyes for a few seconds to take a few breaths to hold it in. Suddenly I felt a hand grab mine. When I opened my eyes, Sophia was no longer in front of me, but between me and Jamie and she was dragging us to the school door.

"How was your Christmas?" Sophia asked as we headed to our lockers. I think Jamie and I have English together.

"It was nice" I heard Jamie reply. "How were yours?" he asked after a few seconds, clearly not interested in listening to Sofia talk about her travels.

"It was fine, like every Chr..." I started to speak but was interrupted by Sofia who started talking about her trip to Paris. Her black high ponytail swayed as she walked talking about how perfect it was and her new clothes.

I sighed quietly

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Jamie looking at her, but I noticed the way he was rolling his eyes a few times as she kept talking and how he was playing with his black jacket's sleeves and nodding like he was listening,so was the rest of our walk until we got to our lockers which luckily for us were close to each other. As we have dropped off our things and have picked up our books, we were ready to head to our classes.

As we were walking and talking, we passed Arthur's locker and something caught my eye. There they were, Arthur and his friends and Jamie with Bruce and Gabe standing across from them. Sofia brushed past them with a quick glance and - as I saw - a smile before continuing to walk, Jamie now beside me was grabbing my shoulder. He was whispering something in my ear and then I realized I had stopped walking and was looking my brother.

Then I immediately looked into Jamie's brown eyes and with his hand still on my shoulder we started walking again. Sophia was in front of us waiting to follow her.

Arthur had looked back at me and I could see in his eyes that he needed me by his side like always, but I left him to deal with it on his own and I felt really bad.

I grabbed Jamie's hand resting on my shoulder

I kept walking and didn't dare to look back

I hope you liked it.

Leave comments so I know what you liked and what you didn't.❤️

Goodbye!