Chapter 66

Arthur's pov.

My alarm went off, enabling me to know that the sun had stood out, beginning a new day. A quite beautiful day, I could dare to say. A day when me and my friends were returning to our childhood once again. I was anticipating this all week, which oddly elapsed too quickly for me.

My case was settled alongside my bed, packed with all the kind of clothes I could possibly need there. After a few minutes, I was already on my feet and made my way to the bathroom, provided that it wouldn't take me long to reach down and in fact I was right. I approached the kitchen just in time to appropriate my breakfast just as my sister was enjoying hers.

I took a seat  next to her and with a quiet good morning, we began our day. Our parents sat down after us and gave us a smile without ventilating exceedingly. In a few words, we ate in silence until we were perfectly in readiness for the day.

Soon enough, we had finished. A soft crooning passed through my ears. It was nearby and it sounded like a song. This was the calmest voice I would recognize among the thousand. Switching the other way, I granted my mum a small smile without willing to refrain her from chirping. After offering me the cutest ear-to-ear smile anyone would look, she carried on stacking the dishes, carrying them to the kitchen. Dad was on the heels of her, holding the glasses with a firm hold.

“Shall we go upstairs?” Lisa inquired. Her eyes shifted to the kitchen for a minute but as soon as I was upright, she made her way to her own room. I tagged along behind her but I nevertheless checked my phone, counting every step so as not to tumble down the stairs.

I had received a message from Jack. He wished me to have a  good trip with a bunch of hearts following. I couldn't prevent myself from sending him something back. "Thanks, love! I miss you already xoxo" I scanned my small text over and over again and finally closed my phone, remaining afterwards for a response. I headed to my exclusive room at the same time as Lisa, who had hurriedly shut her door after waving at me, “See you down in a little”. Her soft smirk was the final thing I saw preparatory to entering my room.

If truth be told, it was a mess. I had left all the required things in one corner and half of my clothes were sprawled on my bed. I sauntered towards there and tried to pick something that could warm me. Even if the sun was showing his bright side, I wasn't taking the risk of catching a cold. It wasn't easy to forget the way the icy-cold breeze could brush every part of my skin out there in the night.

Without further ado, I ended up wearing the first sweatshirt I had found amidst the heap, which astonishingly happened to be Jack's. Caressing the fabric with the tip of my fingers, I could only remember that night when he had given it to me. It was special…and most of my warm clothes were already packed anyway.

With a small exhale, I looked at myself in the mirror, cherishing every single characteristic which was showing off under the golden hue of the sun. I balanced my glasses and with a last look in my comfort place, where I had cried and laughed many times, away from people's eyes, I picked my case and closed the door to my own world.

I was ready for my magic trip to a setting where there weren't hundreds of eyes encompassing me in an unworldly world without an emotion of freed. So, for once more I made it downstairs and set my case down, beside the couch where I was positioned for at least a few minutes, while waiting for my sister and then the familiar sound of Alice's car. She was the one driving us there, as she was the one who possesses a driving license.

Mercifully…because if any of us were in her place, we wouldn't even be able to make it out of the city.

In due course, a couple minutes later, I perceived cursory footsteps originating from the stairs and the next thing was heavy panting and a fatigued Lisa sitting next to me. She had left her case alike mine near the couch and she looked more loosened up without bearing more weight. “ How are you?” Even if this was the hundredth time I repeated this question, Lisa responded to my words. Her faint voice seemed to cover our parents' chortles from the kitchen, “Good”  I didn't have to be so attentive to make out every change in her voice to notice the overflowing happiness.