Chapter 3

"Do you know what you plan to be for Halloween?" Liv asked Simone.

"No, why?" She replied handing over her laundry basket to her mother.

"Just wondering. Is it weird if I ask Spencer to match with me?" Liv wondered again.

"When will you tell him that you like him?"

"Ew, he is my brother's best friend."

"So. Spencer is cute." Simone shrugged forcing Liv in a photo on her digital camera.

"Okay but still, anybody that even thinks Jordan is funny is a no in my book." Liv made a face of disgust.

"Yeah, okay. Match with Spencer. It's just costumes." Simone added.

"Are you going to match with anybody?"

"We're a solo star, sorry." Simone informed her with a smile.

"What? Not even with Jordan? You know he likes you right?" Liv blurted out.

"Jordan is also my best friend but no." She was going to shove any feelings deep down.

"You like Mason don't you?" Liv closed the  magazine after ripping out posters now being on intrigued to hear more.

"I do not like Mason."

"You like Mason as much as I like Spencer." Olivia's eyes widened at the confession.

"I knew you liked him." Simone wiggled her brows.

"If you say anything, this friendship no longer exists. Pinky promise!" Olivia warned in a very serious tone.

"In ten years, I'll be right and you'll be thanking me. I better be your maid of honor." She added after locking pinkies with her.

She grabbed tape off her desk to trash the old posters and replace them with something else. New Beyoncé posters meant anything old went in her scrapbook. She didn't know if Mason liked her back but Ashton always invited her with her since she was friends with his older sister. She kind of got used to him. Simone wasn't sure if she wanted to be bothered with school dances.

They just seemed like a weird way to interact and well, she had no interest.

Jordan ran after Mason who had the ball tackling him to the ground. He got up dusting himself off and heard the Coach call for the end of practice. Jordan grabbed his bag and took out his water.

"So, who are you taking to the dance?" Mason asked seeing Jordan seem uninterested already.

"I had no plans to go."

"I have to go then you're going. Why don't you ask Harper." Mason pointed out.

"Now why would I do that?" Jordan asked him.

"Because Harper is cute? I would but I already have somebody in mind." Mason commented.

"Well who is it? You can't just leave me hanging." Jordan hoped it wasn't who he thought it was.

"You'll see. Don't worry about it."

"As long as it isn't my sister." Jordan looked at him.

"I am not taking Liv." Mason had his eyes on somebody else. His crush on Liv lasted all of five seconds.

***

Olivia sighed feeling like she was waiting around forever. Her babysitter forgot and her mom was stuck at work. She was positive that she was on the brink of tears. One thing she hated was walking by herself. It wasn't that she couldn't do it but people were weird.