Chapter 34

The locker room is filled with loudness as the Saints won the game. They weren't getting many points in the beginning and had to change the game plan to secure the win. Jordan returned from the showers and got dressed firing off a text to Simone. He had looked forward to seeing her after every game rather they won or lost.

He dapped his teammates and got pulled into a conversation. Jordan politely cut it short and told them to rest up as he prepared to sit in press for the next hour. However his first priority was seeing her first. He walked out the locker room to go down to where the press conference was being held. He had no idea what questions would come his way but he could only hope that it would remain on football.

Turning the corner, he came face to face with his mother and his girlfriend engrossed in a conversation. It was a sight to see knowing that they always had a relationship since they met each other. Laura knew that no other woman altered her son's brain like Simone did. No other woman stood by his side outside of her and her daughter.

She knew that over the past eight years that there was something missing in Jordan's life. He was happy but he wasn't as happy as he was now. It wasn't that Laura didn't like Iman , she just knew that her son settled. She also picked up right away that Iman wanted nothing more than to attach her name to his career and do anything if it involved keeping him around.

"Baby!"

Simone is the first to greet him. Crashing her body into his frame before Laura even opened her mouth to greet her son. The pair rocked side to side holding each other in the moment. Jordan hear a flash going off and fluttered his eyes open.

His sister and mother had their phones up as another flash could be heard from their cameras.

"Do y'all mind?" Jordan keeps an arm loose around Simone's waist. Not once did he pull away.

"Shhhh dofus. Let me capture the moment!" Liv hushed him taking yet another photo.

"Now move over to better lighting and smile." She instructed pushing them to a corner that had more lighting.

"Olivia." Laura laughed knowing Jordan had little time to spare.

Liv made it quick before giving Jordan and Simone a moment to themselves.

"I should get going before Coach throws a fit."

"Okay. I'll be back here. I'm not going anywhere." Simone assurance melts his heart.

"I love you and I am so proud of you. I am pretty sure I had six heart attacks watching you but you dominated." 

His stare is intense as he breaks into a smile. He leans in kissing her forehead followed by the side of her face and finally her lips.

"Now hurry up and go answer those questions Mr. quarterback." She urges.

"I love you Simone." He chewed on his bottom lip.

"I know now stop looking at me like that." She playfully shoves him to pull him out his thoughts.

His eyes traveled from her face to her body. He took in every single inch her as if there was nobody else around. Her words of encouragement played back in his head and maybe it was his praise kink but he was trying to control how heated he felt in the moment.

"J?"

"Huh, what?"

"You have press to do baby love." She reminded gently.

"I can't make you the press conference?" His head tilts.

"You are a unserious man and very ridiculous. Go!" She said shaking her head.