Chapter 31

"I still have a lot more to say." Simone warned.

She wanted this time to be right. It had been a long time that she truly let her guard down. When she thought about it, nobody got feelings out of her more like Jordan. He was a magnet that stopped at nothing to get her to express herself. Whatever she was feeling, he had always listened. Simone had always been vocal about everything but her feelings towards other people.

Then there was Jordan. He had been everything she wanted her entire life. She had thought they both moved on , found better only to be in the same spot. They were both broken hearted by their exes but never broken. It was always him no matter if there was a Mason, Kaleb, Christian , Iman or Harper in their lives.

Jordan had a way of never letting her get too caught up in pushing him away. He gave her space to come to him on her own, but never let her be closed off. They had always told each other everything until they couldn't. Communication was their strong suit until college had proven to be harder than they realized. A relationship in college was a testing chapter.

She was shown time and time again that no matter what man showed up in her life, she only wanted him. Even in the eight years of wanting to move on, pretending to be happy , wanting to find her happily ever after. The one person that made her feel like a person and the one person that her soul connected too was Jordan Baker.

He was her "always and forever". It was always going to be him no matter the space and time. They were just connected beyond the physical that the emotional side could not be put into words. They needed to grow and reflect on who they were outside of their relationship.

They weren't just Jordan and Simone. They were individuals who would go above and beyond for each other. They would do anything to protect each other with no questions asked. She would always have his back even if she wanted to be stubborn. He was her best friend first and lover second.

"We have about five hours before we land, babe. Relax and when we get home, we can continue our discussion." He told her.

Jordan knew that she was the one. She was always the one. From the moment he saw her across the street when they moved in. From the moment she almost ran into him and they locked eyes. He was gone from day one. He found his forever without realizing it at that age. He might've crushed on Harper. He might've saw a silly little future but he changed for Harper.

Home. Home could be described as a safe place. A safety net if you will. Jordan had been around a lot of women. He had been in countless relationships in his lifetime. He had his fair share of good and bad but nothing felt like this.

Jordan knew that his heart belonged to one woman. The one woman that followed him on a plane to New Orleans with no ulterior motive other than to love him. The one woman that wanted to start over.

She was his safe place in his darkest hour.

He felt her lean her head against his shoulder. His eyes trailed to her hand. The ring on her ring finger sparkled. It was a gold lock style band from Tiffany's with 18k diamonds around it. The flashback to their Ferris wheel date ran through his mind. He knew he wanted a do over. He knew that he could see himself proposing all over again.

After touching down, their car service took them to his condo. Jordan held the door open for her and cut the alarm. Simone slipped off her air forces and walked around taking in his place. The photos of Liv and Jordan as children on his wall, his father's jersey framed and small trinkets that screamed a man lived in the vacinity.

"Boom Boom, you have this framed?" She picks up the frame.

"What? Oh, yeah." His hand rests on her hip leaning in to see the photo.