Chapter 11 [M]

Simone thanked the student worker for her books. She only purchased two and got the rest online at a discount. There was no way that she was paying full price. She turned bumping into Mason and sighed heavily. It was one thing to spend the whole kick back and last two weeks avoiding Jordan and now his roommate was back in her face.

"Did your roommate send you to spy?" She questioned.

"No. I just got one question." He walked alongside her.

"What do you want Mason?"  Simone had practice and he was wasting her time.

"I would say you but you broke up with me to be with my best friend who ended up breaking up with you so I consider that karma." Mason commented, hearing his ex snort at the response.

"And yet, he is still begging  for my forgiveness . You still find yourself in my face because?" She trailed off hoping he had a good excuse.

"Why did you go out with me if you knew that you had feelings for Jordan this whole time?"  He quizzed his ex.

"First, Mind your business Mason and second, we were nine. I don't consider that as dating back then.."  Men were so damn tiring.

"What about high school? I think you least owe me that, Simone."

"I don't owe you anything." She couldn't believe the audacity right now.

"You slept with my b-"

Simone's hand reacted faster than her mouth. He wasn't about to be in her business especially her sex life.  Mason held his cheek feeling his face burn. He watched Simone storm off. He just wanted answers.

It was clear that she just strung him along in the same way that Jordan was doing Harper. It felt like a slap in the face , pun intended that Mason still continued to date her. They were both blind.  Mason wondered what would've been if there were no ties to Jordan.Simone wasn't going to let Mason's slick mouth ruin her day.

She softly closed the door behind her glad that she was alone. She had reflected a lot on what she said. The more she envisioned Jordan, the more a million and one feelings came back. In a weird way, she felt replaced all over again  - by Harper of all people. However, she knew that she needed to avoid Jordan. They weren't even friends anymore  and losing her best friend hurt more than the last time.

She decided to check online to see if any of her classes opened up so she could be prepared. She printed out what syllabuses she could and entered everything in her digital planner. A mind was a terrible thing to waste and as a college freshman athlete, she wanted to make sure things were off on the right foot. Hearing a knock, she called for them to come in and saw Liv bounce in extremely giddy.

"What's got you all excited, Mrs. Olivia Baker James ?" Simone looked at her in anticipation.

"The fact you slapped Mason, Mrs. Simone Hicks Baker." Liv grinned leaning on her friend's desk.

"Yeah well he was in my business." Simone tried to justify her actions.

"Get him again, don't let him ruin your sister in law title." She cheesed.

"Harper is your sister in law sweet cheeks." Simone teased yet was serious.

"I wish y'all would stop putting that in the universe.  It's bad enough you got her so angry that she wanted to elope in Vegas." Olivia felt like puking at the thought.

"I haven't done a single thing to that girl but exist! That's a her problem at this point that her man isn't where he needs to be. Shouldn't you be there to support your twin brother on his dumb decision?" Simone humored.