Chapter 27 [TW]

Olivia quietly closes the door to the nursery. She creeps downstairs after checking in on Lauren seeing Spencer read her a bedtime story. She had been back home for a few days and since then, she hadn't seen or heard from Simone. Entering the kitchen to her brother helping himself to a sandwich, she unlocks her phone.

All of her messages to Simone went with no response at all from her.

"Have you heard from her?"

"Heard from who?" He glanced over his shoulder.

"Simone, who else."

Jordan had figured since they almost kissed that they had been avoiding each other. Either that or Kaleb had forbidden her from talking to him. Jordan knew that she did things on her own terms so it couldn't be the kiss. He found it annoying that Kaleb had interrupted their almost kiss.

"Nah. I figured her man grounded her or something." Jordan shrugged.

"I don't know... something isn't right."

"I am sure she fine." Jordan tried to ease her worry.

"I have sent her photos of Joshua and a bunch of other text messages. There has been zero responses, not even a brown heart emoji." She pouted.

"'Maybe she is busy."

"Jordan, you know her inside and out. You can't possibly stand here and think everything is okay especially when we just got back to being friends."

"If I think of something happening to her then it's going to piss me off and I would like to not think about that."

Jordan didn't want to take his mind to a dark place. In his mind, she was safe and sound - busy with being the pro tennis player that she was. Everyone wanted a piece of Simone. He didn't want to get railed up thinking of anything less.

"You try calling her." Liv suggested.

"Fine." Jordan hoped it would ease his sister's worry.

He had saved her number just in case. Hitting the phone call button, he was immediately met with an automatic message.

"The number you have dialed has been disconnected. Please hang up and try again."

"That can't be right." Jordan's face soured.

"Are you sure you have the right number?"

"Yes. I even remembered the exact time your child called me from her phone." He replied.

Liv took it upon herself to try it herself. She got the same message. She pressed her lips together dialing Ashton's number.

"Hey Liv! What's up?"

"Hey, Ash. Have you heard from Simone?"

"Not in a few days."

"Did you know her phone number is no longer accessible?"

"She hasn't changed her number in two years." Ashton answered.

"We haven't heard from her. Do you think we need to notify the police?"

"Liv, I am sure she is..." Jordan interrupted

"Jordan, you are internalizing and wanting to hope for the best but I am telling you. I feel it in my gut." Liv pointed out, hoping he'd just listen.

His face falls and he tries to take a moment. Her own sister not hearing from her was a clear sign that something was out of the ordinary. His stomach was already starting to hurt just thinking about the worst case scenario. It was something he was trying to avoid. He excuses himself and goes into Liv's office closing the door. Leaning against the desk to stop himself from pacing, he dials a number.