Chapter 39

Author's note: Thank you for your patience and your support. Enjoy this second to last chapter. I look forward to your commentary. Happy two weeks away from the premiere.

6 months ago

Simone could burn a hole in the rug underneath her feet if she could. She had been pacing back and forth for the past five minutes. Of course, she was careful but also married. So maybe sometimes she didn't care about protection and stupidly relied on birth control. She kept up with it by having an alarm on her phone. She wasn't missing a day.

Except shit just happens. Life happened and so did a missed period. Which she couldn't even be upset about because her periods were literal demons leaving her in absolute agony every single month. Now was she ready for the next nine months of her life to change? No. The thought of motherhood and labor freaked her out.

The FaceTime rings twice before Layla and Olivia pop up on her screen with smiling faces. Olivia is the first to smell out the worry. It was almost as quick as her brother at this point. It must be a twin thing because Simone had been going over and staring at the wall for the past three minutes.

"Simone Naomi Baker!" Olivia clapped her hands to snap her sister-in-law out of her daze.

"Huh? Sorry. Ummm hi ladies."

"What is wrong?" Layla studied the face on her screen.

"Why would you assume something is wrong?"

"I don't know probably because you were looking like you were in an alternate world for the past few minutes like you seen a ghost. Did you see a ghost? I always felt like your house gave haunted." Olivia jokes.

"My house isn't haunted girl. No, it's not that. Ughhhhhhh. I don't know." Simone rubbed her forehead.

"You look exhausted, are you okay?"

"Exhausted and naive. How do y'all handle being a teen mom? It's weird out here."

"Simone, please have a serious bone in your body for once. My brother's goofiness is rubbing off on you. We are no longer teenagers." Liv understood what she meant so she still had a soft smile across her features.

"Wait a minute!" Layla interjected with a grin.

"Don't you dare say it because that makes it real. Shut that mouth of yours , Keating-Taylor!" Simone deadpanned.

"AM I FINALLY GETTING AUNTIE PRIVILEGES?!" The curly-haired woman screamed, nearly falling backwards out of her chair.

"Jesus."

"See that's what your goofy half a twin ass get for being loud. Shhhhhh!" Simone hushed her.

"Don't shush me. He acts like he is hard of hearing anyway, no need to try to whisper." Olivia waved her off.

The women on the phone waited in anticipation.

"I took eight tests."

"Eight!? Oh that's a little excessive." Layla let out a laugh.

"I just want to be sure!" Simone defended resting her chin against her legs.

"And you peed on all of them?" Liv scrunched up her face.

"It took a lot of water but yes."

"You have no reason to be nervous. Is this the part where I remind you that you two are married? You two are disgustingly obsessed with each other. He wants this moment with nobody else." Liv reminded with a head tilt.