Chapter 7

Last day before Christmas break

Harper pushed through the crowd of students. She didn't get a chance to explain herself so she gave Jordan space. It wasn't like she set out to hurt Olivia. She wasn't trying to do that. However, she felt powerless when it came to the relationship Jordan had with Simone. It was like she couldn't win. There was photos of them together all over social media looking like a couple from a party thrown over the weekend. The intimacy between them made her stomach drop.

She got closer seeing Jordan laughing at whatever Simone said. She watched him taking her hand in his once he collected his books. The jealousy she felt seeing him play with her hand made her itch. The touches were small but he was never this affectionate with her. She took a breathe seeing Simone  release his hand and go back to her coffee.

"Are you going to share?" Jordan asked.

"Ew, no. You literally have your own." Simone looked at him pointing to the cup sitting in his locker

"But your lips been on that one." He poked out his lip.

"I don't want your nasty germs Baker."

"I am Harper clean." He teased seeing her want to laugh.

"Jordan, can we talk?" Jordan froze turning to see Harper.

"It's like you summoned her." Simone whispered to him.

"Kinda busy Harper." He took Simone's drink taking sip.

"Give it back J." Simone hit him in the chest with the back of her palm. Jordan huffed handing it back over palming her behind in retaliation to her hit.

"Jordan, I am serious, please." Harper tugged on his arm giving her best puppy eyes.

"Please don't touch me, Harper." Jordan pulled a mistletoe from his locker hanging it over Simone's

" Where did that come from?"  She looked between the item and the boy in confusion.

"Don't try to get out of it si.. you've avoided these lips all morning.. I am tired of it." Jordan leaned in closer to her face.

"In front of company?" Simone mused cupping his cheek.

"Definitely, gimmie that mouth." He closed the space between them kissing her. She was about to kiss him when she felt herself being pulled away.

"Spencer, what the fuck?"  Simone walked with him snatching her arm back.

"When are you going to tell them?" He stopped at his locker

"Tell who what?" It wasn't like Simone was the biggest social butterfly but she was nice so people were attracted to her kindness.

"The twins that this time next year you won't be here." He mentioned like it should've been obvious.

"Keep your voice down Spence. You're the only one I told." Simone covered his mouth.

"Best friend rights. I respect it. You got with Jordan and now you are breaking up with him?" Spencer knew this would wreck his best friend before it even happened.