Chapter 38

February 2035

"I know I have no reason to be nervous but all eyes will be on me." Jordan glances at his phone seeing his long winded speech written in his notes as he sits across from his wife.

"That's how an acceptance speech works. All eyes will be on you because you are receiving an award for having a terrific season on and off the field. Besides, Football is your life, sweetheart." Simone was extremely proud of him and this honor so early in his career.

It was recognition from the NFL for his work on and off the field within the past year. He had started a foundation in honor of his father to help injured athletes past and present with anything they may need all while dominating on the field. It was astounding to see him go from a boy in high school constantly wanting to be noticed for his work on the field to really putting in the work to focusing on himself and making sure his team had the leader they deserved.

"I mean, the Walter Payton man of the year award is very prominent but you are always my man of the year, every single day."  She reminded, moving to sit in his lap. Her fingers playing in his curls already gives him a calming feeling.

"First off baby, you are my life not football and thank you. I just never thought I'd get an NFL honor award. Payton was one of the greatest players. What if my speech is too long or I fumble over my words too much?"  Jordan blew out air, resting a hand on her thigh.

"Breathe and stop being overthinking a scenario that is not going to happen.  The Jordan I know is confident and can make up a joke on the spot just to get others to laugh. He isn't afraid to mess up and he knows it's okay if he does."  She wrapped an arm around his shoulder. Her lips pressed a kiss to his cheek.

She pulled away just for Jordan to reel her back in for a proper one. Simone pulled away again, wiping residue of her lipstick from his mouth with her thumb. She felt him kiss her inner wrist and sigh dramatically again.

"What now?" Simone voiced with a giggle.

"One kiss just isn't enough. Ughhhhh, How did I get so lucky?"

"Your guardian angel was looking out for you, my boy, you're welcome." Simone gloated with a grin on her face and a shrug of her shoulder, swinging her feet.

"Now come on, there is an award to be given and a red carpet with annoying photographers eager to photograph my fine ass husband but first, I get the first photo ." 

Simone and Jordan had a honeymoon in Turks & Caicos. They had barely made it out of the room most days but there was plenty of sightseeing and adventures when they did manage to untangle themselves from each other. They had planned a second wedding even bigger than the first with Olivia officiating as requested and Simone couldn't wait to feel like she was getting married to her best friend all over again.

Sitting in the back seat of the Uber Black SUV, Her fingers caressed his as her head rested on his shoulder singing along to the radio. It was more so to cure his nervousness and make him laugh. She would do anything to see that smile on his face even if she knew it would happen by just existing.

"Jordan! Simone to your right please. Simone, can we get an over the shoulder. Jordan and Simone to your right please! Can you pose for us."

The photographers were obnoxious but Simone understood, it was a big day for Jordan before the next Super Bowl. Even if they weren't playing this year, she was happy to have the offseason to spend as much time with him before she competed in Paris.