Chapter 32

"About last night."

Simone caught his attention, coming around the island to sit next to him. She sat on the stool placing her mug on the saint's decorated coaster and stirred her coffee.

"It was a choice." Jordan nodded softly.

"So, it's okay?" Simone wondered, placing her free hand on his back.

"What? That we didn't sleep together?" He peered over at her.

"Yeah, I don't think there should be a rush to sleep together just because we have before and because we've known each other for what feels like our entire lives." Simone added.

"It's all good. We said slow and steady." He reminded.

"I know but your gender is weird and gross." Simone teased, muttering the words.

She felt Jordan grab her chin and kiss her in the middle of it, nearly stopping her train of thought.

"I am not like these other guys so let's dead that thought right here, right now." He still held onto her chin.

"I know sir, but I don't want to rush this just because of our past and our feelings." Simone commented, placing her hand over his .

"Baby, I am not mad that we didn't have sex. Besides, these bad boys still got the magic touch." He  boasted. The athlete held up his free hand, wiggling his fingers.

"And just like that, I would like to vomit." She made a face.

"Look, I am good. If you really want to take things slow then we can do that. We can go on dates and get to know each other all over again." He said, locking their fingers together.

No matter what she said, Jordan was all in.

"I like to think I know you pretty well which brings me to my next point, How come you never told me how things went with Iman? What if the media brings it up?" Simone changed the subject.

He hadn't discussed that conversation with Simone. All she knew was that Oliver wasn't his and he left it at that. Walking out on Oliver hurt more than he imagined.  Jordan didn't want that little boy growing up not knowing the truth or being angry thinking he was abandoned. He knew that feeling all too well.

Jordan blows out air. He was determined to stay present but he knew the media would bring it up and have questions.

"It hurts, you know. He wanted me to stay and I couldn't. I couldn't do that to him or myself. I don't want him resenting me but I know she wouldn't tell him the truth. If she kept it from me, who knows what she is capable of getting him to believe or how long she will keep him from knowing the truth." He said honestly.

"J, I am..."

"You don't have to feel sorry for me. It may sound crazy but I am looking at the person I want to have children with, God willing." Jordan leaned in closer kissing the tip of her nose.

"You're right, it does sound crazy to think I am pushing out a big head baby that looks exactly like you out of this body, insane actually." She ruffles his hair, turning to take a sip of her coffee.

"What, you don't want my big head babies that is half you and half me?" Jordan humors her with a smile.

"If you take me on a few dates then I'll consider it." She tilted her head.

"Oh, I plan too. I also  plan to tell the truth if the media asks. Iman isn't someone I am trying to protect. She isn't known like that."

The truth hurt but being on his arm didn't do much for her career as she had hoped. Nobody had an interest in learning more besides The Shade Room.