Chapter 8

"Goooood morning Olivia! Isn't it a beautiful day outside?" Jordan greeted opening the freezer side for frozen strawberry waffles.

"Why the hell are you so chipper?" Olivia looked at her brother. He was the last person she'd count as a morning person.

"Can't a boy just say hi to his sister? Damn." He popped two pieces of waffles in the toaster. He put the box back in the freezer and retrieved the egg whites from the fridge.

"You never cook Jordan and your neck is covered in hickies."  She pointed.

Jordan examined himself in the toaster making out the work on clear display. He smiled going back to starting his eggs. He was in a good mood , the day might be a sad one but last night was beautiful. He minus well have stars in his eyes. Olivia watched him sing and dance making her piece together what he could've possibly done over night.

"Oh my god, YOU HAD SEX WITH SIMONE!"  Olivia screamed.

Jordan scrambled to his sister covering her mouth looking around for their mother. Like clock work, he watched her stroll in trying to be discreet. It wasn't even seven am yet and she was never coming home this late. Instructing Liv to watch his eggs, he followed behind Laura.

"Boo!" He whispered seeing his mother jump.

"Damn it, Jordan! Shouldn't you be seeing Simone off?" Laura held her chest.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" Jordan waited an answer.

"I am the parent here."  Laura looked at him while removing her earrings.

"Your neck is covered mother. Are you seeing someone?" He whispered following after her so Liv wouldn't hear the conversation.

"I should be asking you the same thing young man. I am the adult, remember that."

"Who is he?" Jordan chose the ignore the reminder. This wasn't about him. She was seeing someone and keeping it from them. It was written all over her face that she didn't want him to find out anything.

"Stay out of adult business." She closed her bathroom door slightly to turn on her shower.

"It is my business if you are trying to replace dad." Jordan didn't care if that got under her skin. It was suppose too.

"Excuse me? We will finish this conversation when I am done." Laura raked her fingers through her hair.

"Yes, you smell of his cologne and walk of shame." He commented twisting up his face at the thought. Now he knew how Liv felt.

"Jordan Amir Baker, downstairs, Now!" She pointed her door.

"No problem. It's not like you're around anyway." He mumbled slamming the door behind him.

Laura grumbled yelling at him that he had no money to be slamming doors in her house. See? She didn't know what he did in his spare time. Jordan rushed down the steps telling Liv she could have his breakfast. He was no longer in the mood. He slipped on his slides and walked next door. His mom was moving on , Liv was occupied with his best friend and his favorite person was moving.

"Jordan, hey. Come on in. Simone is upstairs." Alexandra smiled, welcoming the boy in.

"Hi Ms. Hicks, thank you." He inhaled and made the way to Simone's room.

Her room had boxes all over that were marked. It all made everything a reality. Simone danced around to her throwback 90s playlist and folded her clothes lost in her own world. Jordan leaned against the door frame silently taking the moment in. This would be the last time he would be seeing her in this room.