Chapter 4

Mason waited outside of Simone's classroom. From a distance , he could see Jordan in the small library. It had been a long day and he was more than ready to go home but he had practice. Mason smiled seeing Simone taking her hand in his.  He kissed her cheek and they made small talk to the bus.

"You aren't getting on the bus?" He looked back feeling her not budge.

"No, I am going to study in the library, sorry." She replied.

"Oh." His face fell.

She was going to have Ashton pick her up. She had her new license and as crazy as it sounded - her sister was a excellent driver. Ash loved the mall so it was easy to convince her to take her and Liv. Even if the three split so Ash could spend time with her boyfriend Ryan. They had been together since the beginning of their freshmen year.

"You can study at my place. Come on." Mason continued walking.

Simone thanked the bus driver and quietly walked back into the school. She texted Ash to pick her up in two hours at the very least. Walking into the library, she saw Harper and Jordan kissing. She ignored it finding a table by herself removing her headphones from her bag and water bottle. As a student athlete, Simone prided herself on getting good grades. Her phone buzzed seeing a text from her sister acknowledging that she was stuck at cheerleading practice.

"Great...." She run her fingers through her hair.

Ignoring it, she went through her planner looking at the assignments she had to either finish or actually do. Simone loved school and learning but overwhelming herself with it was never going to happen. She could hear Harper's giggle as she turned up the volume on her phone. The power of B'Day was going to hold her over.
She received a text from her mother's driver insuring her that he would be there to pick her up on the hour.

Martin didn't play about the Hicks - he was her mom's driver but doubled as Simone's bodyguard when necessary. Simone tried drowning out Harper and Jordan but they were being annoying. She was trying to focus and it didn't help that Jordan had been ignoring her for whatever childish reason. The conversations were always one words or "Liv is upstairs". It became to the point that Jordan never really hung out with the three of them anymore.

"Can you guys be quiet , we are in a library!" Simone spoke up.

"Or what?" Harper snapped her neck in her direction.

"Hey, chill." Jordan interrupted.

"No no, if your girlfriend has something to say then she can say it."

"Simone , you aren't helping." Jordan rubbed his forehead.

"Good then leave!" Simone crossed her arms.

"This is a school library Simone. We can be here."

"It's not like you're studying anyway. I am trying to study Jordan!" She argued back.

"Then study Simone!" He rolled his eyes.

"You're impossible."

"Yeah well I am not leaving." He commented purposely taking out his books.

"Oh... we're .. actually going to listen to her?" Harper made a face. She did not come in here to study. It wasn't like she really had too anyway, she was smart.

"It is the library sweetheart." Jordan caved into Simone's demands.

Harper sulked in her chair as Jordan actually began to study for his history test. Simone smirked to herself watching for a moment. He actually looked cute when he focused and wasn't being a nuisance. Simone looked up when a chair was being pulled out next to her seeing Mason with snacks.