Chapter 36

The stadium is filled with Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints fanatics ahead of the biggest game that everyone looked forward to. Simone and Olivia are seated in the family suite with Simone taking her auntie duties seriously. Simone had Lauren occupying the seat next to her. Lauren insisted on discussing what she learned in school days prior.

She had also proudly bragged that not only her father played in the Super Bowl but she was seeing her uncle play. The suite was filled with family and friends waiting for the game to start. Simone made sure Lauren knew she would be back before  excusing herself. It feels like forever until she finally reaches the location where she can finally wish Jordan good luck.

"Your timing is impeccable." His eyes taking in her appearance and the customized Baker jersey adorning her frame.

"It's just like any other game." She stares him with much admiration. She was proud of how far he came.

"You know, I still have the highlight reel."

"Oh yeah? You better. Is this a reminder that I need to update the compilation?" Simone teased leaning against the wall.

"Maybe. If all goes well." Jordan had no reason to be nervous, yet here he was mentally beating himself up about something kind of out of his control.

It was simply a game. A game he had played in before but everybody and their mama made a big deal about it. He felt like he was going to throw up. He didn't ate much of anything so the feeling was even ten times more annoying. Simone smoothes out puckered skin resting in between his brows due to his frown. Almost instant, his nerves died just a little from a peck on the lips and the warm embrace.

Simone Hicks was simply magic.

"My darling, you are going to kill it. Win or lose, just go there and have fun."  Her hands cup his face and he felt like melting right then and there from the physical touch. Her fingers brushing against his facial hair made his grip around her waist even tighter.

Damn, she was perfect.

"Okay okay. It's just a game, you're right.  Thank you for being here. Come to think of it, I never had a girlfriend come to a game let alone in my jersey." He  remarked.

"I am not just your girlfriend. It puts me in a different league from all the others and that only means... you have to sign it."  Simone nodded her head, biting her lip. She unzipped her clear bag handing over the sharpie.

"Right now?" His facial expression matched her eagerness. He shook his head at the silly little activity bestowed upon him in the moment.

"Yes now. Now hurry up Baker,  you have to run along and impress your girl." Simone turned removing some braids out of the way.

Sisi:
Thank you for your unwavering love &  support from day one. Life is iconic with you in it. Love you deep my queen!
JB

"Think she'll cheer for me?"  Jordan handed the sharpie back.

"You might not hear it but I heard she has a good set of lungs. Word on the street is that she loves you, it's kind of gross." She kissed his cheek catching the side of his mouth. Jordan kissed her twice letting the last linger before watching her as she started to head back to the suite.

"Hey Hicks, tell her I love her too." He called out

"Trust, She already knows." She looked over her shoulder throwing him a wink.

***

Simone could tell Liv was stressed from all the hollering that she was doing. Her hands on her hips and everything while she screamed as if her twin could hear her from where they were.