Chapter 22

Author's note: the cast page has been updated but enjoy this new chapter :)

*~*

Spring 2033 (8 years later) - 30 years old

The sound of a loud laugh could be heard followed by a scream. Jordan ran after the scream seeing his niece run down the field. She was the best thing that ever happened to him during that time. He loved being an uncle and spoiling her every chance he got. It was his civic duty to do whatever Spencer or Olivia said no too. He enjoyed being able to see Lauren at every chance he got. Being in two different states meant it was a lot of back and fourth.

"You can't get me uncle Jordan!" she protested.

"I bet you I can." he had purposely slowed down so she could feel like she was winning.

Spencer decided to let them bond or else he'd be on the field helping. Instead, he was making sure Liv was okay as they were entertaining another chapter in their lives - baby number two. It was a whirlwind being a professional athlete and a father of two now, but Spencer wouldn't change it for the world. He always knew that Olivia was going to be the one he spent the rest of his life with. It was no surprise that they got married at 22. The downside? Simone turned down the invitation to be part of the wedding party.

She had sent a bunch of baby clothes and gift cards, but Simone felt like distancing herself after college was a good thing. She did her best to fulfill her "godmother" duties while still keeping boundaries. She didn't want to rain on Olivia's big day and being in a space filled with love would just break her heart in a million pieces. Instead, she focused on being present. She spent the first five years of going pro determined to do one thing:

Win. No matter how exhausted she was of practicing, no matter how wonderful she felt she was at her craft. She spent more time on the court than she did having a social life or dating, but all of that changed when she met Kaleb. A hot shot basketball player that was head over heels for her. He was simple in his approach - he made her laugh on a day where the world felt like it was against her.

He made her feel like the only woman in the world. In a world where she never thought she'd find a second love - she found Kaleb. The silliest person in the room but serious on the court. The first person to drag her on the dance floor before any of her friends would have the chance too. According to her friends, he was an upgrade from the turmoil she endured in her college years as they liked to call it.

Jordan on the other hand ran through women like it was nothing. He was in no rush to date again. He swore off dating until he met Iman two years ago on a blind date. She wasn't Simone, but she was step up on Harper. She wasn't an athlete, but she understood that football was his dream and supported him at every game. She was passionate, fiery and determined with her work as a choreographer. She had her own dance studio and had a lot of background work.

It took Jordan a long time to open up. They were on and off in the beginning because Jordan didn't express his feelings. He wasn't open with her at first and Iman felt like it was walking on egg shells. She was never sure if she was saying the right things or if she was the only one falling in love. Jordan didn't want to feel like he was replacing his first love. He just knew that he really started to fall for Iman and that scared him.

"Dadddddy." Jordan looked up seeing his three year old run towards him.

Oliver - in which he took from Olivia's name rightfully so was his pride and joy. A surprise he didn't see coming. He wasn't sure if he wanted children. He wasn't sure if he was ever going to be ready for children. However, Ollie was a piece of him and a piece of Iman. They were a little family and that was something he enjoyed coming home too every day.