Chapter 9

Beverly Hills , September 2021 - 19 years old

"Marry me."

"I can't handle being this far apart from you."

"What is meant to be will always be."

"I can't do this anymore."

"Yes."

Jordan couldn't shut off his  brain no matter how much he tried. He laid in complete darkness staring at his ceiling. 8 hours. 8 hours of a difference. It was literally day and night. He watched the street light reflection from his window. He didn't even know what time it was but every time he closed his eyes, his mind turned into a rollercoaster of emotions. It had no off switch. It went from sex dreams to dreams of his future. NFL. A happy life then flashed back to a twisted fantasy of him lifting a veil expecting Simone.

Her words were clear in the dream. "You broke up with me Jordan." and just like that she was gone. He remembered how angry he was during their last conversation and how he thought long distance was going to work in their favor. They tried for months. Either it was too early or too late. Too many missed calls. She came home for Christmas that year.

He hadn't seen her in person since. He blinked flipping over his phone seeing the notification from his calendar.

SEPTEMBER 14: SIMONE'S 19TH BIRTHDAY TODAY

His phone minus well taunt him. He turned it back over and rolled over using white noise to fall asleep.  Jordan  felt restless as he looked around at his room. After taking a year off , he finally decided maybe college was a good idea. He focused on being the best quarterback Beverly had earning himself an athletic scholarship to anywhere he pleased. Liv was already in her sophomore year at UCLA.

He pulled a box down from his closet and he watched a picture fall from the top. Picking it up, he looked at it almost admiring it. It was a photo Ashton had taken of Jordan and Simone. He sat on the swing and she sat on his knee. Ashton forced Simone to kiss him. He remembered her soft lips against his. They were dry she had put some lip balm on her finger once she cleaned her hands and ran her index finger across his bottom lip.

He remembered the feel of that. How quickly he tightened his hold around her waist. Simone had kissed him again as he heard Ashton take multiple photos. Jordan heard footsteps and immediately tossed the photo in the trash tying up the bag. He seen Liv walk in with Harper.

"Y'all coming to help me?" He kissed Harper.

When he least expected it, Harper had proposed in the middle of graduation. He didn't know what to do so he said yes. Jordan didn't know if it was because of everything he once knew was gone or he had attachment issues. He got back with Harper and they had become inseparable. Olivia hated the idea so she had distanced herself from her brother for a while focusing on her own relationship and school.

It didn't help that Laura recently decided to get re-married after almost three years of dating her new significant other. Andrew wasn't a terrible man . He was kind , rich as hell and good looking. A little too pretty but maybe she married him for the cash. Jordan didn't mind him too much after he had spent quality time with him . He took Devon's advice on that part at least.

"You don't need to take everything baby." Harper reminded.

"I know. I just want to be prepared." He shrugged going back through his things.

"Who is your roommate suppose to be?"

"Mason, shockingly."

They had let go of the beef. It was stupid and they were both young. Jordan didn't want to room with a complete stranger so when he heard that Mason was going, it was a no brainer. Liv helped along with Harper. It was going be an interesting flight. Spencer looked at the overwhelming amount of trash bags in Jordan's room and grabbed a few.