Chapter 30

It had been three months since their therapy session. Three months since Jordan had walked out on any future he thought he had with Iman and Oliver. Nobody said it was going to be easy leaving behind a child - even if Oliver wasn't his. Jordan had even taken a paternity test to confirm even further. He wanted to make sure he was making the right decision in order to move forward.

He followed Dr. Charles's advice. He left everything that day in the past including his relationship with Iman. It was a closed chapter and even if he was in therapy weekly to keep his emotions in each as he geared up for another season, he made sure Simone was also good.

Three months of living together had been trying. There was many times that Simone had thought about laying all of her feelings out on the table. She thought about sharing details about the miscarriage. She also thought about the aftermath. In no way did she want to hurt Jordan even more. He had came home that night with glossed eyes and she knew he had cried on the way home.

No matter how much he tried to convince that he was okay, she couldn't believe him. She found it to be absurd that he would blame himself for something that he wasn't present for. She didn't blame him for ending things with her. In fact, she understood more than ever. Their college years was just as challenging then was it was today.

The only difference was today, they had better tools to cope with their mental health. They checked in with each other and Simone helped him run drills to prepare for the new seasons. What she didn't expect was for him to want to move back to New Orleans to play for the Saints instead of wanting to be traded.

She didn't want them to separate. Then again, she couldn't stop him from doing what he felt was best for his life. He wasn't her's and she wasn't his. They weren't an item by any means. Which Layla made sure she mentioned every single time like now. Simone sat across from Layla staring at the little box that Layla had perfectly wrapped.

"How are the living arrangements going ?"  Layla wondered with much curiosity to hear any updates

"Layla, we talked about this." Simone had nothing new to share, unfortunately.

"I want to know if things have changed since the last time I asked, miss thing... which was two weeks ago."

Simone twisted her mouth debating. She felt silly for feeling a type of way that Jordan was just up and leaving. It felt like he was leaving her behind all over again. She wanted him to go after his goals but she also selfishly wanted to be beside him when he did it.

"I don't know, he is leaving to go back to New Orleans to play for the Saints. I guess I thought he would've wanted to be traded to play for the Rams instead. Maybe I am thinking too much about it. We aren't together or anything. I think after everything, LA is too much for him."

Simone was trying to see it from his point of view.

"That girl did try to lock him into a pregnancy knowing he wasn't the father and weirdly named said baby after his twin sister. All because she didn't want to tell him the truth and he wanted to pay tribute to his sister so yeah, I kind of get why he wouldn't want to stay around." Layla ran down the facts.

"Thank you oh so very much for the reminder Keating." Simone answered in a sarcastic tone.

"Aw babe. Your life is here and his is there. Sure, he has been here for months because it was the off season but do you really want a long distance relationship? Do you even want a relationship with him at all?" Layla brought her coffee to her lips lowering her eyes.

"Long distance would drive me insane."

"Well then, it's settled. You should move with him." Layla shrugged as if it was no big deal.