Chapter 13

"I would rather have you as a best friend then to lose to you." Christian tapped the girl's nose.

"Wait, hold on... so you aren't mad?" Simone was still trying to piece together how calm he was.

"Now why would I be mad at you?"

"Because I called you and said a lot of things just to pretty much hurt your feelings." She recalled the conversation clear as day.

"Jordan had your heart first, Simone. I can't get mad at that and besides, we are so far apart that a relationship romantically probably wouldn't pan out. Your life is here again and my life is where ever I plan to lay my head at night for the week." Christian shrugged his shoulders.

"What factory did they make you at? You sure you ain't artificial?" Simone examined his face to support her theory.

"Will you stop? Look, I liked you. I still like you but I am not going to be the guy that stands in the way of your happiness. It's important to me that you are happy and besides, as your best friend I can give him some London flavor if he ever breaks your heart again." He smiled shifting his weight.

"Please no, Jordan has thrown enough punches in his lifetime." She didn't like seeing Jordan fighting even if it was over her.

"He loves you. I love you. Our versions of love for you are very different. I didn't stand a chance." He was okay with that decision.

"Yeah, he really hijacked me. He's...."

"Sorry? And protective of you. You will always be my travel partner. Our path was just different, we met to be platonic only and I think that is beautiful." Christian assured her again.

"Are you positive that you aren't a human experiment?" Simone squinted her eyes.

"There are guys like Jordan and I then there are guys like Mason." He may have been prejudging but he could tell there used to be some crazy situation between all three of them back in the day.

"Now you're giving too much credit to Jordan. He is a damn menace to society." She walked with him through the airport.

"Maybe but you guys are it for each other. Now, Mr. Quarterback has to understand that I do still plan to visit and whenever you visit your dad, you have to hit me up... is that the right term?" Christian paused.

Simone chuckled at the dumb nicknames they gave each other. It was hilarious but she was thankful that he was no longer considered British bae. A drunken kiss after a visit to a pub was to be left where it belonged - in the dark. It was long forgotten by both.

"I am going to miss you." He was a good guy - too good and it was going to be a change not to see him as often.

"I am only a phone call away, my love not dead." Christian hugged her tightly.

"I know but the time difference sucks and it's hard keeping in touch with you."

"So let's take it old school, write me letters." Christian smiles hoping she got it was a joke.

"Oh, that will take even longer!" She frowned.

Christian wouldn't let her go until they called his flight number. She forced him to call when he landed even if it was going to be super late or super early. She was just relieved that he didn't have an hissy fit about her romantic life. Simone found it shocking actually but she knew that just like Jordan, they were bonded for life.

She returned to campus and was barely in the door when she was pulled away barely acknowledging who snatched her.

"What the hell Olivia?!" Simone stumbled.