Chapter 6

Jordan kept secretly going back to her messages all morning . He was nervous thinking of what it could be. Harper had been extra clingy so he was he glad when it was just him. Jordan made the walk down to the park for alone time. It was their little spot since they were twelve.Their own little secret hide away from everyone and their opinion.  He stayed for an hour before heading home. He was sure in the past year that he had gotten in more fights with Mason in the past year than ever before. Today was one of those times.

"Jordan, you can't keep getting suspended." Laura looked at him greeting him at the door making him jump for her sudden appearance.

"So I am just suppose to walk away?" Jordan followed after her into their kitchen. Mason touched him first so Mason got what he wanted. He wasn't about that when they go low, we go high.

"Yes." Laura looked at him like he was crazy

"Mom, why would I let somebody hit me and be cool with that? He hit me first. He put his hands on me, this isn't grade school." It was that simple in Jordan's opinion.

"All of this over a girl? That's silly my love."

"You mean to tell me dad never fought over you in college?"

"No!" Laura sighed but still defending her deceased husband.

"Sure." Jordan nodded going to his room.

Laura sighed knowing that there was no use in grounding him. Sure, she always told Jordan to protect his sister but this was different. He didn't need to keep fighting and with the same person over and over. Harper's fourth period ended and she walked out in search for her boyfriend unable to find him. She seen Simone at her locker with Olivia and took a breathe.

They never really interacted , it was mostly against her will. Simone absolutely hated when their first period teacher made them be partners. She was just glad she only had to see her once but that early was a struggle enough.

"Have you seen Jordan?" Harper went up to Simone demanding Jordan's whereabouts.

Simone  blinked and looked around trying to figure out when she acknowledged her with a greeting.

"Hi to you too." Olivia stated slowly because who the hell doesn't have manners?

"I wasn't talking to you!" Harper put her hand in Olivia's face.

"Yo, get your hand out her face." Simone smacked it away from Liv.

"Where is Jordan!" Harper asked again crossing her arms.

"Do we look like his damn keeper girl? Get a leash." Simone slammed her locker shut.

"Stay away from Jordan."

"Or what? For the record, I don't associate myself with Jordan. He associates himself with me. Now what are you going to do about that? He is your man not mine." Simone got in her face.

"Okay.... We've had enough fights." Spencer got in between them.

"Fight? Who was fighting?" Simone didn't pay attention to any of the gossip.

"J and Mason got into another fight and now y'all two are at it." Spencer explained.

"It's because she can't stay away from Jordan." Harper spat.