[12: Remembrance]

"Sorry that I almost attacked your father, it's a good thing that Y/n-san stopped me," Tanjiro said as he apologized to Senjuro. The boy is okay with it, telling him to not think of it too much. "Also, Rengoku-san told me about the book..." 

Y/n left the room where they were in and looked around the house, smiling at how beautiful the house is. This house shows that hashiras are wealthy and get money as much as they want. Y/n got to the living room and remembered when Ruka died and the funeral was held here. They sighed, remembering how broken Shinjuro was when his wife died. 

They walked out of the house and walked around the garden, later seeing Shinjuro. Y/n noticed that the man bought another sake and seems to be drunker. Shinjuro looked up and saw Y/n looking at him, the man tsked and showed annoyance, swatting Y/n away. 

"Why the fuck are you still here, huh? You should've been gone now!" Shinjuro said as he almost fell when he tried to punch Y/n, the hashira held his arm and assisted him. "Hey, I don't need your stupid assistance!" 

"My disciple is still talking to your son, they're still educating themselves," Y/n said as they assisted Shinjuro to sit down. "Also, you almost fell so you DO need my assistance," Y/n said and Shinjuro just sighed. 

The two of them just sat down beside each other and Y/n slowly took off their mask, Shinjuro looking at them and still seeing the same face he saw years ago. "Shinjuro-san, what happened... to you?" Y/n slowly asked, not wanting to come off as a mean question. 

Shinjuro didn't answer them, he just kept on drinking some sake. He slowly put down his sake, he picked up a rock and gave it to Y/n, the hashira realized what they need to do. They transformed the rock into a shot glass and Shinjuro poured some sake for them. 

"Thank you, Shinjuro-san." The man hummed, drinking with Y/n. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ Shinjuro's POV ʚɞ ʚɞ

"Areyou still a half-demon? Or was anyone able to help you be a full human again?" I asked, I saw them look at me with wide eyes, probably shocked that I still remembered their story. They smiled and sighed. 

"I'm surprised you were able to remember my story." They said and I tsked. 

"Of course, I will! Your story is the most unique story I've ever heard, it's like a fairytale." I said and they just laughed. "It seems to be that you haven't changed at all," I commented and they nodded. 

"It's not fun to keep on changing, also. Why would I change when everyone loves this attitude of mine?" They said confidently, making me roll my eyes. "Well, if you're Rengoku Shinjuro then you might hate it." I chuckled and looked at the sun setting. 

"You haven't answered my question." 

"Oh, how irresponsible of me!" Y/n said as they laughed again, I just raised my brows waiting for an answer. "Well, I chose to not be a normal human again. I need to still be a demon so I can feel where Muzan is, you know since we're still connected." I nodded, remembering that their twin is the Demon Lord. 

I sighed and remembered the things that they'd done for me. They once helped me with one of my mission when I was drunk, killing the demon that I rumbled on about my wife. They also gave me their hat after that mission since it rained, telling me that I shouldn't get sick. 

I also remembered when they were such a fan of mine, always admiring how powerful the Flame Breathing that I use is. Even admiring the ritual I do with my sword and copying it at some point. I remembered all of those. 

I looked at them again and saw their face, remembering the day the Master told us that they are a hybrid. Half human, half demon. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ Flashback ʚɞ ʚɞ

"Hmm, there is a hashira meeting again? This is the second one this week." I thought, sitting down and waiting for the master to come. I also noticed that the blood hashira is with us, which is weird since usually, they don't show up to the meetings. 

After a couple of minutes, we saw the Master and we all greeted him. "I apologize for suddenly calling a meeting right after the last meeting, but things have been revealed." The master said which made all of us confused. 

"One of you has found out one of our major secrets." The Master said, they raised their hand and ushered someone into the room, which is the blood hashira. "The Blood Hashira right here is a hybrid of a human and a demon." The master said. 

All of us immediately got ready to attack but the Blood Hashira only took off their mask and showed us how they look. Red piercing eyes, black hair that is put in a bun, and a tattooed neck that looks like a collar. A collar? What does that mean? 

"You don't need to be so shocked my fellow hashiras, I will never hurt any humans. I swore to someone that humans are friends and not food." They said and the two of us stared at each other, they smiled, their fangs showing. "Please, put down your swords everybody." 

ʚɞ ʚɞ End of Flashback ʚɞ ʚɞ

"It seems that you're remembering something wonderful." I got out of my trance and realized that Y/n is still here. "What are you remembering?" 

"I'm just remembering when we first saw your face and when we learned you were a demon," I said, they chuckled. "I'm sorry that I didn't believe you at that time. I forgot all of the things you did to me when I realized you were a demon. I'm sorry for that." 

They patted my back and I looked up at them seeing them smile at me, making me shocked. "It's okay, Shinjuro-san. I already forgave all of you years ago." 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Shinjuro smiled, remembering that this person before him never holds a grudge towards anyone. Y/n looked outside and saw Tanjiro with Senjuro, immediately putting their mask on and standing up. 

"Well, it seems like my disciple has finished talking to your son. We should be going now, sorry for disturbing your peace, Shinjuro-san." Y/n said and looked at Shinjuro. "Also, the battle with Muzan might be coming soon. I can just feel it." Y/n said and Shinjuro looked up from that. 

"Yeah, why don't you kill your brother for us?" Shinjuro said and Y/n nodded, walking away and meeting up with Tanjiro. 

Tanjiro saw his trainer walking toward him and waved at them. "Y/n-san, where did you go?" He asked, confused why Y/n suddenly disappeared when he was talking to Senjuro. "Did you get lost?" Y/n laughed at that. 

"Of course not, silly," Y/n said as they ruffled Tanjiro's hair. "Also, did you get the info that you want?" Y/n asked as they started walking back to their mansion. 

"No, I wasn't able to get any information about Hinokami Kagura. Their father ripped the notes of the receding Flame Hashiras." This made Y/n shocked. "But Senjuro said that he'll do everything that he can to fix it, I also got a lot of hints from his dad earlier on," Tanjiro said. 

"Well, even if you just got some hints that's okay rather than nothing," Y/n said as they slowly stretched. "Well, come on, we gotta hurry up before the demons get to us." 

"Hmm, yes!" 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

I just realized that this story is already at 3.09K reads?! Like what? Y'all are crazy!

Also, I realized that Haganezuka appeared like chapters ago when he should've appeared right after this chapter, but oh well. 

- Zeddxhi.