[7: Mask and Training]

After a while of talking with the kakushis, Tanjiro noticed that it was almost sundown. The kakushis realized this and told everyone to go indoors in a panic state making the boys confused. 

"Uhm, why are you guys so panicky?" Zenitsu asked, the kakushis sighed. "Is it because of the demons?" The boy added. 

"Yes, it is because of the demons. They always appear at night." The kakushi said, making the boys still confused. "Don't worry, those demons can't go in the village, we just want to be sure and let everyone inside." The kakushi explained. 

"Also, those demons don't have a chance against the animals here. Those animals are wild and feral." A boy kakushi laughed. "Look at them, they're ready for battle." 

The trio looked at the animals that the kakushi pointed and they look so ready for the demons. They're huge wolves that are way bigger than some of the buildings in this village, making them way scarier. 

"This whole place is really weird," Inosuke said and the other agreed. "Can we have dinner?" The boy asked and almost got bonked in the head by Zenitsu. 

"Of course! Let's go inside!" 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Half an hour later, all of them are escorted into a room with fresh new clothes. They also saw three futons and an extra one for Nezuko. The said girl sat down on her brother's futon and just waited for something. 

Suddenly, someone knocked on their door and when Zenitsu opened it he was met by a tall person, which is Y/n. "Eek!" He shrieked, shocked about the height difference that they have. 

"Oh, young electric boy. Sorry to scare you but can I come in? I would like to talk to some of you." Zenitsu looked at Tanjiro and the said boy nodded. "Thank you, young boy." 

The hashira sat down in front of them and saw Nezuko sitting on a futon. The two of them looked at each other for a second, when Nezuko stood up and laid her head on Y/n's lap. "Ahh! Nezuko, don't do that!" Tanjiro said as he stood up and tried to pry off Nezuko. 

Y/n's arm was raised, stopping Tanjiro with his actions. "Don't. Let her be." The hashira said, Tanjiro gulped and sat down again. Y/n held Nezuko's bamboo, slowly taking it off. 

"Ahh, Y/n-san, please don't take that off." Tanjjiro requested, Y/n nodded and stopped their actions. Tanjiro looked closely at his sister, he saw how comfortable his sister is making him confused. "Nezuko... looks so comfortable." Y/n chuckled, eliciting a stare from Nezuko. 

"She deserves to be comfortable, with all of the things that have happened to her," Y/n said as they touch Nezuko's forehead, slowly caressing her hair. "It's amazing how a teenager like you four can withstand this much training. When I was your age... I wasn't moving all that much." 

All of them looked at the hashira, shocked at what they said. They wanted them to tell their story but the hashira seems to be so distant about their past. Tanjiro also smelled such a sad scent from them, like a sad guilty scent. 

Does this mean when the hashira was their age they did something to be so guilty about? Tanjiro wants to know more but he doesn't want to seem so inappropriate. He got out of his trance when he noticed that Nezuko is sitting on Y/n's lap already!

"Ahh, Nezuko!" Tanjiro almost passed out from how bold Nezuko is but stopped when he heard Y/n laugh. "I'm so sorry, Y/n-san!" He said bowing and apologizing profusely. 

"Haha, it's fine. No need to be so hard with your sister." Y/n said as they petted Nezuko's head, making the girl purr. "You seem to like this young girl. Do you like head pats?" The girl nodded making Y/n smile under the mask.