[41: Evolution]

Transforming into something you hate is annoying, but sometimes you must do it. That is why Y/n transformed into a rat so they can chew through the tatami mats surrounding them. It might be easy to say but tough to do. 

It seems like the rat's teeth are only going through the first layer of the tatami mat, but can't pierce through the second layer. Even so, Y/n kept on going and didn't give up... yet.

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Y/n kept on chewing through the tatami mats even if it seemed like it was never-ending. Over the expanse of Y/n chewing through the tatami mats, Tanjiro has now become stronger. He can see through the world now, it seems. 

Tanjiro is calmer, his presence seems to be hidden and Akaza can't feel him, focusing on turning Giyu into a demon. His body is way calmer, his battle spirit invisible to Akaza, the two of them fought in a matter of seconds. 

Tanjiro cut off Akaza's head. 

Y/n felt that everything seems to be quiet like something is happening that they can't feel. "I guess being a rat won't let me heighten my senses since they are a rodent," Y/n said and they decided to transform into their normal form again. 

Y/n closed their eyes and decided to calm down, their senses clearer than before. Y/n felt it, they felt Tanjiro has a stronger body than before, and his body experienced major changes in his strength. 

Even so, Y/n knew that Akaza won't be killed just like that. "Every upper moon has a weird thing going on, all of them definitely can't be killed just by a simple decapitation," Y/n murmured, calming down and letting everything be blurred out. "I just hope that they can defeat him, they'll be fine."

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Y/n opened their eyes and was shocked. "Did I just fall asleep?" Y/n murmured, they looked at their body to see if anything changed but nothing did. "I've never been asleep in such a stressful situation before! What am I? A sloth?" Y/n murmured. 

They decided to focus again, their senses flowing over the whole fortress and they felt Tanjiro and Giyu. They tried to feel another person, but to no avail, they realized something. 

Akaza is dead. 

Y/n kept on focusing, feeling sadness and guilt. They can feel that it's definitely from Akaza, but they didn't care, knowing that he killed way too many people. Even Rengoku. 

They looked around the tatami mats, looking at the tiny hole they made, scratching it, and sighing. "Muzan did a great job sealing me away, making the tatami mats around me thicker than they should," Y/n murmured, looking around to see anything that could help them. 

"That biwa girl needs to be killed or else I would be stuck here." Y/n sighed again, just feeling so pathetic right now. Then suddenly, they remembered someone. "My kakushis!" 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

"Jera, I can feel Master just a couple of rooms away, we should arrive at them in a couple of minutes," Caine said; one of Y/n's kakushis. "Should I use my demon art so I can contact Y/n-sama?" She asked Jera, and the latter shook her head. 

"No, your demon art must be saved for the others in need. It will take a toll on you if you use it now." Jera declared and kept on running, getting guided by Caine. "Caine, what are the things around Y/n-sama?" Jera asked. 

"They don't have anything around them, they're sealed in a tight box made from tatami mats," Caine said as she kept on running, closing her eyes to feel what Y/n is doing. "They are currently relaxing." 

"That's good, Y/n-sama shouldn't be so stressed." 

The kakushis kept on running, looking for certain things that could help them and making healing potions along the way. They're using their heightened abilities to help make themself faster and stronger. 

You see, Y/n's kakushis were demons before, as you can remember the place where Y/n resides was filled with demons. Instead of killing them and living peacefully, they turned those demons into humans, with Tamayo's help. 

When those demons became humans, they ought to serve Y/n till death, and that's why Y/n's kakushis are weird. Devoting their whole existence to a person who saved them from being a monster. 

These kakushis by Y/n are trained by them, their body went past their limits and was able to make their senses way better than any normal kakushis. That's why they can run as fast as they can and multi-task by making potions as they're running. 

Caine on the other hand is still a demon. She can go under the sun since she drank a potion made by Tamayo, so she can still serve Y/n during the day. Caine is one of the recent kakushis that chose to still be a demon, wanting to keep her blood demon art. 

Caine is a special type of demon since she got a lot of Muzan's blood, even if the man himself doesn't remember her. She uses this power of hers to aid the wounded, especially Y/n. 

"Jera, this way! I can feel master!" Caine said as she turned to the left, running faster than the others. 

"Caine! Be careful, there might be upper moons lurking around." Jera said as she matched up to Caine in just a matter of seconds. "We can't let you die right now," Jera said as she held Caine's hand. 

Caine looked at their hand and blushed, slowing down a bit so Jera wouldn't be so tired from running. "Sorry, I just got excited when I felt Y/n-sama's aura." Jera chuckled and patted Caine's head. 

"I know, I felt it too. But let's not be too giddy, we still need to be careful, okay?" Caine nodded and kept on running with Jera, hoping to see their Master in a better form. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Y/n felt something running toward them which made them nervous. They don't know if it's a demon, a kakushi, or worse if it's Muzan. They decided to calm down and not make unnecessary noises. 

They kept silently wishing that the thing running to them is their kakushi and not something else. They closed their eyes and just hoped that nothing bad will happen to them. 

"Oh, where are my kakushis?" 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Who wants Jera x Caine? 

- Zeddxhi.