[13: Scrutiny of Things and a Mission]

It's been a couple of months since Rengoku died and ever since then Tanjiro and the others have been training under Y/n's wing. All of them are slowly getting stronger and better at using their breathing and knowing more techniques to improve their breathing. 

Especially Tanjiro, the boy is getting better and accustomed to using the Sun Breathing but obviously, still has a bit of a hard time. Because of Y/n, Tanjiro was able to understand the dance of his father even better, Y/n told him that maybe the dance that his father was doing were the forms of the Sun Breathing. 

Y/n always trains Tanjiro to improve his lung capacity, making him sit under a pool of water for a while, making him concentrate on his Total Concentration Breathing, making him breathe out of his diaphragm, and more. Tanjiro can do all of those things but the Sun Breathing is just that strong. Even so, he kept on training with Y/n and he never gave up, even if his body is killing him. 

"Young boy, you can rest now. It's almost nighttime, demons are out." Y/n said as they walked into the mansion and walked up to their room. Tanjiro sighed and went back to his room, or his shared room, and rest up. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ Tanjiro's POV ʚɞ ʚɞ

While staring at the ceiling, I remembered the things that I observed from Y/n-san. I remembered certain things that I saw when I train with Y/n-san or when the hashira is with me at least. I noticed four things, and those are the things that stand out to me, at least. 

The first thing is that Y/n-san is a bit flirty, like every time that they're talking to a beautiful person, they would deepen their voice. The deepest voice that their robotic voice could master. Also, they like to give people some pet names, like sweetie, darling, lovely, cutie, and more. They openly flirt with people which may or may not make me cringe at them. 

Since no one knows that the person they're talking to is the Unknown Hashira, the people just think that Y/n-san is a weird person and usually never gets what they want if they flirt. So, I will be the one who'll save their ass and get the item that they want. Which makes me hate it even more. 

I also recognized that Y/n is a tease. Like how a friend of yours will tease you when you fail at something, the hashira is like that. Like when I was training the Sun Breathing for the first time. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ Flashback ʚɞ ʚɞ

I took a deep breath and remembered the dance my father taught me, the move I created when I cut off the demon's neck on the train. Remembering how it felt, remembering how I was holding my sword, thinking of how I did that. 

I thought that I got it, so I tried it. And well... 

"Oh..." 

I fell while doing it. I wasn't able to calculate my landing and that's why I fell, my sword got stuck on the ground. I clenched my heart, feeling the pain from trying to do the Sun Breathing. I breathed in some air and I regretted it immediately, feeling so much pain. I got an irk mark when I heard a laugh, a robotic laugh. 

"Haha, that was pretty funny, young boy! You looked so confident and focused before you did it!" The hashira commented making me annoyed since I can hear their mocking tone. "Haha, look. You did this!" 

The hashira did what I did and also mimicked the way I fell making me more annoyed. "Can't you see that I'm having a hard time breathing here," I said in a pained voice. "You're making fun of me when I'm dying over here. What type of hashira are you?" I said and plopped down on the ground.